Earliest Excursion Time?

bankerbabe

Greetings

I posed this same question in the St. Lucia board, but I suspect that it is not nearly as active as this one. Perhaps someone here could help me?

We are looking to book a tour in St. Lucia (a docking port, not a tendered port). According to the cruise schedule, we are there from 8 am to 6 pm. The tour provider wants to book us for an 8:20 am pickup at the dock, but I'm concerned that we won't be off the ship yet. Does this seem like we are cutting it too close?

We haven't been on a cruise for several years, so I can't remember how long it took to get off the ship.

Thank you very much.

We are looking to book a tour in St. Lucia (a docking port, not a tendered port). According to the cruise schedule, we are there from 8 am to 6 pm. The tour provider wants to book us for an 8:20 am pickup at the dock, but I'm concerned that we won't be off the ship yet. Does this seem like we are cutting it too close?
That's cutting it close although it's probably doable if you are among the first in line to disembark the ship. No passengers are allowed to disembark until the ship has been cleared by the local authorities. If that's the only time available, I'd book it as long as you're not pre-paying for anything or they don't have your credit card.

I should also mention that it's a private tour, we are the only ones on it. In case that makes a difference.

Then your guide is well aware of how quick the first passengers are off the ship. He is just asking you to be among them and not dawdle over breakfast. If he is reliable he will wait for you if there are any unforeseen delays. Just don't expect him to adjust the price or add time onto the end of the tour if the gangway opens on time but you are not.