Golden MUT's and booking onboard

Rangervr6178

Hey,

I was wondering if Golden Princess has movies under the stars added yet? Also what is the incentive for booking a future cruise onboard (parents are on Caribbean now) but are looking to go on Golden for spring break?

Thanks...

The Golden does have self-serve laundry.

The Golden currently does not have MUTS - currently, there is not an install date for MUTS.

Incentive for booking on the ship - lower deposit ($100) and shipboard credit - the amount of credit depends on type of cabin and how long the cruise is. For a 7 night outside/balcony cabin - the shipboard credit is $50 pp.

I think I remember reading some articles about how Princess had decided to delay its plans to add MUTS to the Golden/Star indefinitely. Right now, MUTS is only available on the Caribbean, Sea and Grand, and will also be available on the new Crown when she debuts next year. I think the new Emerald (debuts spring 2007) will also have MUTS but I'm not positive on that.

I think I remember reading some articles about how Princess had decided to delay its plans to add MUTS to the Golden/Star indefinitely.
This is correct. IF MUTS is to be installed on these ships, it would only happen during their dry docking, the earliest of which would be Spring 2006 (Golden). After Princess hastily announced the refit of the Grand Class ships, the realization that MUTS worked better in warm water climates (i.e. Caribbean) came upon them and they tentatively retracted the plans to refit these ships. Given that Caribbean, Grand, Crown and Emerald will all have the contraption (as does poor little Sea Princess) perhaps Princess felt they’d gone far enough. One can hope, anyway.

Archived