Goff's Caye Reliable Operator Needed

CruisingCaity16

It depends on what you are looking for....regarding my experience- it is a beautiful, little, deserted island with a sandy beach that ends up with a bunch of people on it. It is one of the few sandy beaches you can go to when stopping in Belize City. Don't count on being able to get a lounger and don't count on being able to score any shade if those 2 criteria are important to you.

With that being said, we are planning to return in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So, if you don't snorkel or dive, don't want to see the ruins and aren't all that into shopping, what is there to do in Belize?

Our first visit we went to Altun Ha and that really felt like, "I did it once, no real desire to do it again."

So, if you don't snorkel or dive, don't want to see the ruins and aren't all that into shopping, what is there to do in Belize?

Our first visit we went to Altun Ha and that really felt like, "I did it once, no real desire to do it again."

You can take a water taxi to Caye Caulker and explore what a real island life is like. Gorgeous views and great people, nice little places to eat. We rented a golf cart and drove all over the island.

A lot of people love the cave tubing also but I'm not one for the long drive there and back. I think once Harvest Caye is completed I will enjoy it better than Belize City.

A lot of people love the cave tubing also but I'm not one for the long drive there and back. I think once Harvest Caye is completed I will enjoy it better than Belize City.

That is true, although I'm not sure I could ever get my son to do it. Otherwise it does sound pretty cool.

Well....LOL

We met a rep at the dock and they led us to their kiosk inside the building. The name on it was ecological tours or ecotoursbelize dot com. However, I just looked at where I actually booked it online and my confirmation and it was with Island Marketing. :confused: So, obviously they were a 3rd party vendor that I used to book it and the tour was actually with the eco tours vendor. We didn't have any problems. They did everything they said, gave us water for the ride, all the free punch or rum punch we wanted and were very nice. They didn't go out of their way for anything, but everything was good that they did do and I would be fine with using them again. They charged $40 per adult and $30 for a child. I found them to be the cheapest when I was looking. :)

Same thing here. Booked online with Island Marketing, which used Eco Tours once we got to the dock. Cheaper to book through them than through Eco Tours online. Great group of guys on the boat. The only reason our trip wasn't great was because of rough waters. Didn't get on a tender until 10:30 (docked at 8 or 8:30) and then the snorkeling off the boat was really rough. We would have done snorkeling from the island if we had known how rough it would be. But the tour guides were awesome and the island was paradise!

Brudahin, for what it's worth, we found ourselves in a similar situation - going to be in Belize with a group that includes non-snorkelers who really just want a nice "beach experience", without much fuss or expense. (Ha! That's "all"!) Some of us did the Ruins, cave tubing and zip-lining (all great) last year so looking for a beach day this year.

Goff's Caye seems like the most affordable, easy option. As others have pointed out, there just aren't a lot of beach choices. But, it looks beautiful and the shade-seeking non-snorkelers among us I'm sure will make it work!

Good luck! :)

Same thing here. Booked online with Island Marketing, which used Eco Tours once we got to the dock. Cheaper to book through them than through Eco Tours online. Great group of guys on the boat. The only reason our trip wasn't great was because of rough waters. Didn't get on a tender until 10:30 (docked at 8 or 8:30) and then the snorkeling off the boat was really rough. We would have done snorkeling from the island if we had known how rough it would be. But the tour guides were awesome and the island was paradise!

Yea, I can completely understand that making for an "iffy" day. I wouldn't have wanted to try that long swim in choppy waters. That would have been scary for me.

Brudahin, for what it's worth, we found ourselves in a similar situation - going to be in Belize with a group that includes non-snorkelers who really just want a nice "beach experience", without much fuss or expense. (Ha! That's "all"!) Some of us did the Ruins, cave tubing and zip-lining (all great) last year so looking for a beach day this year.

Goff's Caye seems like the most affordable, easy option. As others have pointed out, there just aren't a lot of beach choices. But, it looks beautiful and the shade-seeking non-snorkelers among us I'm sure will make it work!

I just wanted to add...even though I have not been to (the following island) Rendezvous Caye, that's another option (one that I would like to check in to next time we go here) that is similar to Goffs Caye and might also be an option. I know the cruise line hasn't offered an excursion there (that we cruise with) and I think someone mentioned maybe RC offers an excursion there. But, I'm sure there's plenty of private operators that you can purchase with just like Goffs.

From prior research, the island is similar to Goffs, but if I remember correctly, the island is bigger than Goffs and has more shade I believe. I just thought I would throw that into the equation. :)

Thank you for the feedback. We may just go to Caulker Caye. I asked my son today about cave tubing and got a resounding no. I suspect he would enjoy it if I could get him to try, it is getting him to try that is the problem and I don't want to get there and have him refuse to get in the tube.

For Caulker Caye, do you just take the water taxi over and explore? We are probably doing the beach in Cozumel and Costa Maya, so somewhere safe to just explore in the Caribbean would be nice. We often just hire a tour guide for the day and learn about ports on our first visit. On our first cruise, I saw enough of Belize city, but a small island might be much more interesting.

For Caulker Caye, do you just take the water taxi over and explore? We are probably doing the beach in Cozumel and Costa Maya, so somewhere safe to just explore in the Caribbean would be nice. We often just hire a tour guide for the day and learn about ports on our first visit. On our first cruise, I saw enough of Belize city, but a small island might be much more interesting.

I would like to know more about Caulker Caye as well. How do you get there from the ship and how much to rent a golf cart for the day?

Is it safe to explore the entire caye?