Changes coming to Onboard Trivia

meatloafsfan

Trivia used to be, having another group mark the answers. I think that is the only way that the cheating will ever stopped. Just make sure the group marking the answers are not "friends grading friends".

We love going to trivia but like others said it's getting old with the cheating.

Yes, the game is supposed to be fun but should be accurate as well. Otherwise, the answer to Pi would just be "3". ;)

accurate to a certain degree. If the answer to pi was 3.14 (common response), it should be accepted instead of 3.14159265359....etc. I don't see why 26 miles for the length of a marathon wouldn't be accepted instead of 26.2 miles. (25, I can understand not being accepted nor 27).

accurate to a certain degree. If the answer to pi was 3.14 (common response), it should be accepted instead of 3.14159265359....etc. I don't see why 26 miles for the length of a marathon wouldn't be accepted instead of 26.2 miles. (25, I can understand not being accepted nor 27).

I think you might have missed the point.;) Tadaaa! was referring to this part of ChosenOnes post:

...And as far as arguing an answer: our Fun Squad gal would not accept 26.2 miles as the length of a marathon because her sheet said 26 miles...even though the correct answer is 26.2 and people on the opposing team told her that was the correct answer...

...The problem wasn't that the trivia moderator wouldn't accept a close answer for the correct answer, but the opposite: the moderator wouldn't accept the correct answer (26.2) and insisted on going with the estimate (26). So, in Tadaaa!'s imaginary pi example (hee hee - unintentional math pun), the moderator insists pi = 3, and he (Tadaaa!) is in agreement with ChosenOne's point.

*To the math geeks rolling their eyes: yes, I know pi isn't an imaginary number.;)

Edited by ShakyBeef

When the opposing team tells the Fun Squad member that 26.2 miles IS correct & that she should give them (the OTHER team, their opponent) the point and she refuses because the "magic book of answers" says 26..then she is just not using any common sense! The magic book should say "26.2 miles (or accept 26 as an answer) "

Just as the common answer to Pi is 3.14, the common answer (to anyone who has either run in track or knows history) for a marathon is 26.2 miles.

Spoke with one of the fun squad members aboard the Pride Journey cruises and he told me about some changes that are coming with regards to Trivia.

Apparently, they are going to be giving tablets/ipads to the fun squad that will house an almost endless list of trivia categories and questions.

The staff member will be able to select the category and then will get 20 random questions out of hundreds. This should mean that there will be a lot less question repeats and will allow for new trivia categories to be added.

this is right after they open the Hooka Bar in the old cigar bar locations