Review -- 20 family members on the Breeze -- January 2016-- Eastern Caribbean

brookeq

We finally went to the thrill theater. We enjoyed it. I am glad we didn't get the pass though. There just wasn't enough time.

IMG_1436_zpshgujq3ak.jpg

Before the cruise we arranged to have some fun family games and competitions. Well we didn't get to them until the last day.

One was an ugly cruise shirt competition.

IMG_1445_zpsb5xdfdmm.jpg

We asked some cruisers in the red frog pub to judge.

Here were our winners.

IMG_1444_zpsvnevimq3.jpg

I brought some prizes from home. Local chocolates and funny cruise/beach cups and frames from the thrift store.

We also made brackets and had a fusball tournament. I won that. For the kids I had a mini soccer ball and mini soccer ball chocolates as prizes. We had a trophy for adults.

IMG_1479_zpsbezer9uu.jpg

I printed a scavenger hunt but we never did get to that.

Edited by brookeq

We went to lunch one last time and all got our favorites. We also enjoyed a few things at the chocolate buffet. The lines get long but they move quick.

We spent some time on deck 5 and enjoyed the sun.

IMG_1468_zpsg6maflai.jpg

We also spent some time in the hot tubs down there. They are bigger than the the lido ones and less crowded.

IMG_1466_zpsculpw9mq.jpg

I always make sure that the kids behave in the hot tubs and never let them go in without one of us there to watch them. I can't say the same for other people.

We also played cornhole. You give your room card at red frog and they give you the bean bags. The boards are outside. Only bad things is they are on the smoking side. Not sure if you can take them somewhere else or not.

IMG_1496_zpsxzeoabqv.jpg

We decided to ride the water slides again.

IMG_1509_zpsgb0t2ym7.jpg

We made it a competition. We timed to see who made it down the yellow slides the fastest.

IMG_1532_zpsdt0ocw30.jpg

Then we saw who could go around the most times on the orange toilet bowl slide. I won that one. I got around 3x.

IMG_1570_zpsbiepvsem.jpg

Lines for everything were longer today as everyone was trying to squeeze everything in. The ropes course line was the longest it was all week.

I squeezed in every bit of sunshine I could.

The kids made one last trip in the hot tub before dinner

IMG_1579_zps3vnaawwm.jpg

We went to our last dinner and said goodbye to our servers. I don't remember what I had.

Later the kids and my husband went to the movie (Hotel Transylvania) and I got everything packed.

Our roll call had a "glow away" party. One lady was nice enough to bring tons of stuff for everyone.

IMG_1592_zpsrbewgwgg.jpg

IMG_1594_zpsbfqyidfm.jpg

We didn't get to stay too long because we had to go say goodbye to some family members. A few of them were doing self assist and getting off as early as possible.

Debarkation went fine. We were in no hurry. So we just sat at the lido deck and waited for our number.

I was surprised to find that the Blue Iguana was open. I figured it would just be the buffet. So I had one last huevos rancheros ;) It was chilly outside so we had to search to find an empty table inside.

We had a nice rainbow to cheer us up since we were all sad that our cruise was over.

IMG_1605_zpsgfi333ys.jpg

We walked off (around group 20) and found our luggage quickly and had a porter help us. There was no line for customs.

Once were outside my husband used UBER to get us a ride to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. He had just dropped someone off at the carnival pier so we didn't have to wait at all.

Flights home were expensive for us on Sunday so we were flying out Monday afternoon. My husband has south west points for work so that is why we fly out of fort lauderdale. He also had enough points for a free hotel at the Hyatt. We had a room with a kitchen. I know i took some pictures of the room but I can't find them.

It did have a nice heated pool. It was chilly out but the pool was warm enough for the kids to go in.

IMG_1617_zpshxuszzwj.jpg

We were in walking distance of a McDonalds, Chipolte and other places to eat.

It had a free breakfast in the morning including an omelet station.

And we got a free shuttle to the airport.

We had an uneventful flight home and just like that our vacation was done :(

I will try to conclude with some overall thoughts about the cruise and will scan the fun times. I know I had the kids club schedules also but I think my kids may have moved them.

From Miami to Fort Lauderdale? That was a bargain..:)

It might have cost more but I signed up as a new user of the UBER app. Usually we just use my husband. So we may have gotten some money off of her first ride. I will have to ask him

don't feel bad about being aggravated! on our last cruise with the kids our daughter was putting up a huge stink in the mdr on our last night so i picked her up, left without eating and went back to the room. i put her in the crib for a nap and went on our balcony and cried lol i really had had enough and felt like i didn't get a "break" or was able to relax all week. hoping our next cruise in a few weeks is better since everyone's a lil older now :)

Great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share. :)

What was your absolutely-most-favourite part of the cruise? And what would you recommend skipping?

We cruise for the ports so they are always my favorite part.

Favorite part of being on the boat is eating. Ha ha. i made sure to try almost everything. Then went back and enjoyed my favorites. And i also enjoyed the spa for my kid free moments.

I didn't enjoy the piano bar singer i am going to look thru and see if it was the same guy all week. i only went one week.

don't feel bad about being aggravated! on our last cruise with the kids our daughter was putting up a huge stink in the mdr on our last night so i picked her up, left without eating and went back to the room. i put her in the crib for a nap and went on our balcony and cried lol i really had had enough and felt like i didn't get a "break" or was able to relax all week. hoping our next cruise in a few weeks is better since everyone's a lil older now :)

I have been there. Hopefully your kids are old enough to maybe put in kids club this time for a little break.

For me it was my 7 year old that was the hard one and my 4 year old was the easy one. But that is how it always is for me. He is a tough one!

It's not on the hub>

You can get a paper with all of the activities for the entire week when you visit the club the first time.

I am still trying to find my copies. I had them at the beginning of the week but not I can't find them.

Brookeq; Very nice photos!!!! We were on the cruise at the same time. I think my son was playing with your son?? As says my son, he's 9. We are actually in one of your Dr. Seuss photos, the table in the back my hubby is wearing a black shirt and daughter is wearing a blue & grey striped shirt, shes blonde.

How were your kids on the cruise, 2 of my kids had motion sickness, and some family members had colds and had to go to the clinic.

It was a great first cruise, but I should have given gravol/dramamine every night.

Cruisers from Toronto Canada :)

Brookeq; Very nice photos!!!! We were on the cruise at the same time. I think my son was playing with your son?? As says my son, he's 9. We are actually in one of your Dr. Seuss photos, the table in the back my hubby is wearing a black shirt and daughter is wearing a blue & grey striped shirt, shes blonde.

How were your kids on the cruise, 2 of my kids had motion sickness, and some family members had colds and had to go to the clinic.

It was a great first cruise, but I should have given gravol/dramamine every night.

Cruisers from Toronto Canada :)

My son just got the cold/fever that a lot of people had. Other than that no sickness thankfully. No one got motion sickness. And no one in my family got sick after the cruise. Some of extended family did when they got home.

This was our kids 3rd cruise. We have gotten good deals in the past so they are very lucky.

I will have to ask him if he saw your son.

He did not like the green eggs. Well he didn't really try them. Ha ha.