"Voyage Redeployment" - Does this sound right to you?

2pbears

Just received an email from Princess today regarding a Coastal Cruise we had booked on the Ruby out of Vancouver on September 19, 2016. It was a 5 day cruise with port calls in Victoria and San Francisco and ending in San Pedro.

We are now told that this cruise has been shortened to a 3 day cruise and the port calls in Victoria and San Francisco have been eliminated. The price of the cruise has been reduced to 3/5 of the original price BUT the taxes, fees and port expenses remain unchanged from the original contract. If they have eliminated two ports shouldn't these fees be reduced as well?

Not sure if we are going to cancel or not but I guess we have until July to decide. Oh, they are throwing in $15 pp in OBC to compensate for the change of itinerary.:confused:

Nothing good about this change and offer unless you are in a hurry to get to LA.

Original 5 nights was short enough , but 3 ?????:mad:

I agree, unless they are going to tack on another short Coastal at the San Pedro end (Catalina would be nice). I guess we'll wait and see where the ship is going from there.

As for the original question, I just called Princess and after very long hold times they were able to reduce the port fees by nearly 50%.

There seems to be few "redeployments" for the Ruby.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2313631

Wonder what's happening??

Yes, I saw that thread earlier. And now when I look at the Princess schedule for the Ruby voyage that was to follow ours on September 24th it indicates "pricing not available" so something is clearly going on with that cruise as well.

Yes, I saw that thread earlier. And now when I look at the Princess schedule for the Ruby voyage that was to follow ours on September 24th it indicates "pricing not available" so something is clearly going on with that cruise as well.

Yes, we were booked for the September 24 sailing, which was also "redeployed" as was the October 1 sailing after ours. Princess is trying to get us to book the same itinerary later in October, but are "thinking about" whether they will honor the amenities originally offered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruise lines plan and sell itineraries up to two years in advance. It's not unusual to see them make deployment changes if they feel that something else will better meet their business needs, especially when they're transitioning from one season to another. Almost all cruise lines do this at times, it's really not unusual.

Yes, we were booked for the September 24 sailing, which was also "redeployed" as was the October 1 sailing after ours. Princess is trying to get us to book the same itinerary later in October, but are "thinking about" whether they will honor the amenities originally offered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were booked on the same cruise and according to my travel agent, Princess will not honour the original amenities. We booked when they were offering a complimentary drink package and Princess won't carry it over. the response has pretty much been too bad. This was to be our first Princess cruise and it is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. Yes, I understand that they change their itineraries, but from a good customer relations perspective, they should at the very minimum honour the original amenities and offer some form of compensation. So far all they are offering is $15 (not a typo) - that is a joke! We had booked hotels, flights, etc. and Princess just doesn't care. Sorry, but that is just not right! This happened to us last year with Celebrity and they honoured our original amenities and offered us several other options at the same price, plus offered up to $400 per person for any flight change fees.

We were booked on the same cruise and according to my travel agent, Princess will not honour the original amenities. We booked when they were offering a complimentary drink package and Princess won't carry it over. the response has pretty much been too bad. This was to be our first Princess cruise and it is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. Yes, I understand that they change their itineraries, but from a good customer relations perspective, they should at the very minimum honour the original amenities and offer some form of compensation. So far all they are offering is $15 (not a typo) - that is a joke! We had booked hotels, flights, etc. and Princess just doesn't care. Sorry, but that is just not right! This happened to us last year with Celebrity and they honoured our original amenities and offered us several other options at the same price, plus offered up to $400 per person for any flight change fees.

Its possible your TA is a reseller, or poorly communicated with Princess. Contact Princess directly to find out. You may have to talk to several as your initial contact may follow "call center protocol" and not understand the real situation. Rebooking with Princess direct may have better results.

Edited by TNTLAMB