The not-so-suite life: Gem aft penthouse badly in need of refresh

Turtles06

I always vote with my wallet ... while I love my Haven Suites on the Breakaway Class (and all of the extra perks that come with it ...), I don't feel the need to upgrade to a Days Inn Suite on the Jewel Class Ships.

We have a Haven Spa Suite with Balcony booked aboard the Breakaway ... what were your favorite things about the Haven class ... how varied and current were the on-demand movies available for free in the Suites ... how much did you like the Haven dining room ...

Thanks for any info you can provide ...

I have booked suite 10666 on the Gem for may 2017. Were you happy with this cabin? Was it reasonably close to access to an outside smoking area? I already am worrying I have made the wrong decision because of what I am reading about the lack of renovation to the suite when the rest of the ship was done. I would be very interested in hearing more from you about this. Thanks in advance

10666 is going to look like my photos above of 10164; same garish decor, same shabby, worn, dated furniture.

I don't smoke, so I can't tell you exactly where you will have to go, but it will be up or down a few decks. Our neighbor on the Gem was a smoker. He smoked furtively on his balcony the first two days, but of course we could smell it. I politely reminded him of the rules, and asked him to stop. He did.