QG cocktail party in cabin

bkecky

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that someone here may be able to advise me on holding a cocktail party in a QG cabin. I am aware that the butler can set this up but I have the following questions:

1) Do you have to pay for the canapes served?

2) Will the butler serve alcohol you have brought on board with you?

3) If you purchase drinks, are they from the bar or room service menus?

4) And on an unrelated note... we are on a back to back cruise so should we receive free spirits and champagne for each voyage?

Thanks for any advice,

Rebecca

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that someone here may be able to advise me on holding a cocktail party in a QG cabin. I am aware that the butler can set this up but I have the following questions:

1) Do you have to pay for the canapes served?

No. Speak nicely to your butler and you will get canapes, nuts and crisps.

2) Will the butler serve alcohol you have brought on board with you?

Yes. Ask for extra glasses and ice buckets if requires.

3) If you purchase drinks, are they from the bar or room service menus?

Your butler will supply beers and soft drinks. You will also have your 2 x litres of spirits. Order by the bottle.

4) And on an unrelated note... we are on a back to back cruise so should we receive free spirits and champagne for each voyage?

If you've booked it as one trip, then I'm afraid there's no extra bottles.

Thanks for any advice,

Rebecca

We've held about 20 cocktail parties over the years. Sometimes we let the butler pour the first drinks, then let them go as we don't really want them hovering around.

Remember a wee extra tip!

Stewart

We've held about 20 cocktail parties over the years. Sometimes we let the butler pour the first drinks, then let them go as we don't really want them hovering around.

Remember a wee extra tip!

Stewart

Excellent! All answered in one post! Thanks. We have two booking numbers but we booked both at the same time so I suppose we won't be getting the extra, which is a bit sad considering we will be paying the normal amount for the second trip. Thought I would ask in case we give all the booze away the first week and are drying out by the second! ;)

We were on a fall Caribbean cruise of 13 days this past year. We had our two bottles of spirits...one Grey Goose, one Hendricks. When one ran out, our butler replaced it, no problem.....

We poured "treats" for our guests. When a bottle ran out, it was replaced.

Well this gets better! I think we will have to have more than one party if we do get four bottles of spirit! :p

This is one of these strange things. Some people get charged for their refils, others like us, have never been charged.

Just be nice to your butler, it makes a big difference.

For example, we always order Grey Goose or Absolut and Bombay. These are not on the official list, but we manage to get them.

Remember, the concierge will send out your invitations to your guest's rooms

We tell our guests that those in QG can stand in the lounge area, PG folks can stand in the bedroom area and Steerage stand in the bathroom.:-)

This is one of these strange things. Some people get charged for their refils, others like us, have never been charged.

Just be nice to your butler, it makes a big difference.

For example, we always order Grey Goose or Absolut and Bombay. These are not on the official list, but we manage to get them.

Remember, the concierge will send out your invitations to your guest's rooms

We tell our guests that those in QG can stand in the lounge area, PG folks can stand in the bedroom area and Steerage stand in the bathroom.:-)

;)

Yes, this has been a point of confusion with the refill service. Before we haven't really needed it as we don't tend to drink spirits in the cabin. Not sure I want to test the theory!