Have you ever had anything go missing on a cruise?

Squirly

I once found a beautiful diamond ring on deck and I took it to Guest Relations. I was concerned that they refused to give me a receipt or even take my cabin number. They said it would be put in lost property and basically it was nothing to do with me. The next day we were back on deck in the same place when I saw someone looking carefully around the deck and I realised he was looking for the ring. I asked him what he was looking for and he described the ring in detail. I told him that I had found it and had taken it to GR. He and his wife were able to retrieve her ring and were delighted. I often wonder if they would ever had got it back if I had not bumped into them on deck. They said they had been to GR a couple of times and been told that it had not been handed in.

It sometimes takes a bit till the found item is on the Lost&Found list.

The People at the Front Desk take it from you and give to the Person "behind the Scene" that is in Charge of all Lost&found. Depending on their working hours it might take a bit to have it listed

Once on the Caribbean Princess we lost a blouse from our laundry.

When we got the items back they were on hangers bundles together with twist ties and covered with a plastic bag.

The blouse was gold in colour and I could see right away that it was not on any of the hangers.

I called our cabin attendant back and explained to him that it looked like the blouse was missing.

Together we opened the clear bag and bundled the hangers.

The blouse was missing.

The attendant suggested that perhaps we hadn't sent it out for cleaning.

I showed him the slip that went with the laundry and the count of how many of each item was there to show that the return count was short.

He said he would check with the laundry team.

A while later he informed us that they did not know where the blouse was. We had to go to the service desk to fill out a form.

We eventually received a cheque from Princess for the blouse - took them close to 8 months.

Just last October I lost my cell phone on the NCL Spirit.

Did not realize it was gone until the next morning when we did not hear the alarm that was set for each day go off.

I looked around the cabin thinking maybe the battery was dead.

When I couldn't find it I checked with guest services and it had been turned in to the lost and found.

Yes. My nightshirt went missing from the side of the bed with no explanation and lots of investigation. I was upset as it was bought for me by my Grandma who was and still is quite ill.

No apology from the room steward and had to spend my cruise filling in a report. Guest services were nice about it though.

Needless to say...some of room steward's grats went to the waiters instead.

A couple of years ago, my friend had left the dinner table to go to the restroom. She left her purse hanging on the back of the door in the stall. By the time she got back after realizing that she had left it, a lady brushed past her running from the restroom and the purse was gone. She looked at pictures of all the passengers in the security office, but could not identify the woman. It was formal night and everyone was dressed up. The pictures taken upon embarkation were casual. She lost $400.00 !!

We've never lost anything in our cabins, but we're very careful to lock up anything of value.

On one cruise I left my camera in Cafe al Bacio. I discovered it missing about an hour later and went looking for it. No one at CaB knew anything so I went to GR. They asked for me to describe my camera and soon produced it. They told me that a staff member had found the camera and immediately turned it in. I was VERY happy to have my cruise photos back!