Have you ever had anything go missing on a cruise?

Squirly

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had any items go missing on a cruise? We travel frequently and I used to have items go missing from my room on a regular basis when we did beach vacations. We started cruising and it has been a much better experience. But on our back to back sailing in Nov/Dec we had a small blanket and my sons dress shirt disappear. He only brought one white one so we figure it was taken away with the bedding by mistake. All in all I have never felt so safe in leaving my belongings out. This is a great feeling during a holiday.

Only cash from my bank account.:eek:;)

DITTO, but frankly when cruising, not nearly as much goes missing, as when I'm on a land vacation!

Never had anything go missing that I can think of, but I don't leave anything of great value laying around.

"SKY"

To avoid temptation, we never leave anything of value laying out. It gets locked in the safe or in a suitcase. Stewards often leave stateroom doors open when servicing the cabin, every once in awhile the steward may run to get something, leaving the cabin door open & unattended, and a passenger can enter & take something. Thieves take vacations also...

Trust no one. When in doubt, don't.

I've never had anything taken. My sister had her perfume disappear from her luggage that was placed in the hallway for disembarking. It was in the original box so I guess they thought they could resell it but it was half empty so the surprise was on them.

My daughter had one sandal stolen while one Lido deck......one sandal! Who takes just one sandal. And it wasn't on a chair as a chair hog does. She was sunbathing, and after a quick nap, woke up to get ready to leave and couldn't find one of her sandals. Unbelievable.

My husband had his cell phone stolen out of our room on the Dream a few years ago (in a hurry, he left it on a shelf covered by a shirt). Never had anything else go missing, but now it all goes in the safe when we leave.

On that same cruise, a couple down the hall were hollering about a large amount of money taken from their room safe. Not sure how that ended up...

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had any items go missing on a cruise? We travel frequently and I used to have items go missing from my room on a regular basis when we did beach vacations. We started cruising and it has been a much better experience. But on our back to back sailing in Nov/Dec we had a small blanket and my sons dress shirt disappear. He only brought one white one so we figure it was taken away with the bedding by mistake. All in all I have never felt so safe in leaving my belongings out. This is a great feeling during a holiday.

We've never had anything disappear on a cruise. I leave my Nikon DSLR on the couch when not in use. Money, jewelry, cell phones, and passports get locked in the safe.

! collect T shirts from different ports, and wear them on future cruises. A few years ago I discovered , at home that my Icelandic Shirt was missing. No, we do not do laundry, and it was not left behind. On Princess there are open shelves on which they are placed, so I suspect that our cabin person also 'collects'.

john

Likewise. We have never had anything stolen. Just the opposite, I have on occasion put shoes or a hat that I didn't want any more in the rubbish bin and come back to find them put neatly back in the closet. We also keep a tidy cabin but glancing into some cabins with open doors as we walk down the hallways, it would be a miracle if the occupants could possibly know if something was missing, they are such a mess. Those cabin attendants really earn their money.

Never. We've left out laptops, phones, cameras, etc.

Last cruise my hubby took off his tennis shoes (brand new only worn 2x) in front of the bed and the comforter must have been over them because I thought he had packed them, I am usually meticulous about not leaving anything but unfortunately on the drive home after our cruise, I couldn't remember seeing them in the luggage and asked him did he pack and he said no.

Upon returning home I filed a lost claim with CCL who responded with they could not find them and would keep my claim open for 30 days. Have not heard a word since, they were a size 12 and our steward (lady) assistant (man) was about his size, I am left to think I shall never see them again. :D If he needed them that bad then so be it.

Glad I snagged them at a black friday sale for only $25.00. I have never had a problem while on the cruise though.

I've only been on one cruise with my second in a few weeks, but nothing went missing. Actually, I happened to forget my iphone on a lounger when I went for a quick smoke before dinner. It was taken to guest services. I was so relieved as it had tons of family pictures on it I hadn't backed up yet. I don't know if it was an employee or guest but I was thankful they helped me out and turned it in for me!!! [emoji7]

Totally my fault but I left my brand new James Patterson paperback book in a chair during the "shopping seminar", got up to get something from the host and when I came back less than 3 minutes later, my book was gone. I kept checking guest services and the library to see if anyone turn it in to no avail. Not a valuable item but it irritated me to no end.