Reservations at Specialty Restaurants ~ earliest available booking 9 and 9:30PM

Wren3

Richard,

Certain types cabin categories are permitted to book before others, and you don't give enough detail about your personal situation for us to assess whether your success in making advance reservations was a product of luck, the itinerary which you sailed, or hierarchy.

As the sailing date draws nearer, a decreasing number of reservations become available to an increasing passenger pool.

Offering to share a table is a wonderful way to increase the odds of getting a table at a "mainstream" time; booking a Suite would have a similar effect, by allowing the reservation to be made earlier. ;)

Good morning Jim and Stan.

You are correct, certain categories of accommodation do have the ability to access dining options earlier than others but eventually all do have the option (unless of course the booking too late)

Having said that, and if you read my review...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2016/01/31/oceania-riviera-mayan-mystique/

...I mention that in Toscana we dined twice. We also, while onboard, made a second reservation for Jaques on the final night. The two additional reservations were both for tables for two, Toscana at 7.30 and the Jaques at 8.30.

My best advice to the OP is that in the event a suitable reservation isn't possible prior to embarkation then head immediately for the Reservations Desk...

24544320801_f55daa4de0_z.jpg

...and see what is available and what can be changed. That I believe is the sole purpose of that particular desk.