Sun October 2016

JUSRN

Hi I,uk base and had booked San Diego to Miami cruise via panama canal. I was in touch with ncl in uk to ask some questions before committing to an option straight after I received ncl's email on the 18 feb. the staff in uk could not answer my questions ( which included whether I woul have the same cabin on my original booking, as well as asking for an itinery). There wer other questions as well. Was told I would be contacted early this week but I rang them yesterday and they were still in the dark. I'm not impressed by this - particularly as I was given until march 2 to select an option. Would be grateful if anyone else in my position could share what response they have had, if any

Edited by callumbus
Predictive texting problems

Hi I,uk base and had booked San Diego to Miami cruise via panama canal. I was in touch with ncl in uk to ask some questions before committing to an option straight after I received ncl's email on the 18 feb. the staff in uk could not answer my questions ( which included whether I woul have the same cabin on my original booking, as well as asking for an itinery). There wer other questions as well. Was told I would be contacted early this week but I rang them yesterday and they were still in the dark. I'm not impressed by this - particularly as I was given until march 2 to select an option. Would be grateful if anyone else in my position could share what response they have had, if any

Apologies - in frustration I posted details of one of the options I was offered and the cancelled cruise was the Mexican riviera cruise sailing on 30 September 2016

Hi I,uk base and had booked San Diego to Miami cruise via panama canal. I was in touch with ncl in uk to ask some questions before committing to an option straight after I received ncl's email on the 18 feb. the staff in uk could not answer my questions ( which included whether I woul have the same cabin on my original booking, as well as asking for an itinery). There wer other questions as well. Was told I would be contacted early this week but I rang them yesterday and they were still in the dark. I'm not impressed by this - particularly as I was given until march 2 to select an option. Would be grateful if anyone else in my position could share what response they have had, if any[/quote

Hi I am sorry had a computer glitch.

We are also from the UK. I called NCL today who advised me that they will try and let us have our original cabins. Unfortunately as there are three cruises amalgamating into two other clients would have also possibly booked the same cabin so it will probably be a first come first served basis. Ask them to put a note on your booking with all your requests then cross your fingers thats what I'm doing.

Hi I am sorry had a computer glitch.

We are also from the UK. I called NCL today who advised me that they will try and let us have our original cabins. Unfortunately as there are three cruises amalgamating into two other clients would have also possibly booked the same cabin so it will probably be a first come first served basis. Ask them to put a note on your booking with all your requests then cross your fingers thats what I'm doing.

Thanks for the update. The cabin we were originally allocated is a disabled one so unless they offer an equivalent we are stuffed! Did you manage to get a name of the person you spoke to today because you certainly seem to be better informed than we are. Let's hope we both get what we want!

Thanks for the update. The cabin we were originally allocated is a disabled one so unless they offer an equivalent we are stuffed! Did you manage to get a name of the person you spoke to today because you certainly seem to be better informed than we are. Let's hope we both get what we want!

No I didn't but we have a issue with them about our flights and I have a email with the number 020888349030 which I have been ringing. They seemed more clued up as to what was going on. When I rang the regular reservation number they didn't have a clue. Explain your situation and they will put a note on your booking. Good luck

No I didn't but we have a issue with them about our flights and I have a email with the number 020888349030 which I have been ringing. They seemed more clued up as to what was going on. When I rang the regular reservation number they didn't have a clue. Explain your situation and they will put a note on your booking. Good luck

Thanks again. Will give them until tomorrow morning then try that number. The one I've been ringing goes through to customer services in Southampton.

Thanks again. Will give them until tomorrow morning then try that number. The one I've been ringing goes through to customer services in Southampton.

The number I gave you is for guest relations, like I said we only got this number because my husband complained to them about our flights. I found them more helpful. They say we might not be confirmed on new sailing until Friday. I just want to get it all sorted out its been quite stressful.

Just how we are feeling! Good luck anyway. Been on four cruises with ncl before and not had any problems.

It's our second with them and possibly out last.

Did you book flights separately or through them as a package. We booked ours separately and thats where our problems are. They are only offering £200 flight amendments and ours is going to be over £500. We are travelling with my parents so there are four of us so that adds up to a lot of money. We are still in negotiations with them but we are getting there.

It's our second with them and possibly out last.

Did you book flights separately or through them as a package. We booked ours separately and thats where our problems are. They are only offering £200 flight amendments and ours is going to be over £500. We are travelling with my parents so there are four of us so that adds up to a lot of money. We are still in negotiations with them but we are getting there.

Booked flights with them which sounds as though it was the best option bearing in mind your experience. I'll update this thread when anything happens.

• 2 weeks later...
Booked flights with them which sounds as though it was the best option bearing in mind your experience. I'll update this thread when anything happens.

Still waiting to hear if we will get the original cabin we had booked. London guest services were last in touch early last week in reply to me and the person I spoke to said they had no idea when they would be informed so that they could update me.

If anyone has already got more information I would be very grateful for their update. Thanks

Still waiting to hear if we will get the original cabin we had booked. London guest services were last in touch early last week in reply to me and the person I spoke to said they had no idea when they would be informed so that they could update me.

If anyone has already got more information I would be very grateful for their update. Thanks

Hi

Someone has posted from the USA that ncl have loaded on the substitute cruieses and they have been switched over. We called uk office yesterday who didn't have any information but said it may have gone live after they closed for business Friday evening. We are going to call early tomorrow and speak to them again because it's getting ridiculous.

I suggest you do the same as I know you need to keep your cabin.iThe person who has had their cruise switched did say they kept their original cabin.

If I hear anymore I'll let you know.

Thanks for the update and as you suggest will phone early on Monday. I got a similar reply to a previous query about the time difference. Let's hope for good news!

Just a quick update I have managed to complete my change to the new cruise and was able to keep cabins.

Hope it all works out for you.

Just a quick update I have managed to complete my change to the new cruise and was able to keep cabins.

Hope it all works out for you.

I phoned this morning and am waiting for a call back. They were able to give me a preliminary itinerary (September 30 cruise) but not immediately able to confirm stateroom. We are happy to change to an equivalent cabin so hopefully that will make things easier.

Great news for you and your parents!

I phoned this morning and am waiting for a call back. They were able to give me a preliminary itinerary (September 30 cruise) but not immediately able to confirm stateroom. We are happy to change to an equivalent cabin so hopefully that will make things easier.

Great news for you and your parents!

Thanks we just got to out out the money side with them.

I've got my fingers crossed for you. X

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. It worked! Finally heard this morning that we are booked into an equivalent stateroom on the other side of the ship. Can now relax!

Out of interest are you on the 30 September sailing and at the San Diego Sheraton the night before?

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed. It worked! Finally heard this morning that we are booked into an equivalent stateroom on the other side of the ship. Can now relax!

Out of interest are you on the 30 September sailing and at the San Diego Sheraton the night before?

Glad you got it all sorted out.

We have had to change to the 14 October sailing out of Miami to keep the flight change cost down. We are not to bothered because we love Miami so we are going a few days earlier to do some shopping.

I'm so glad it is all sorted out now, it's been ridiculous how they have treated us all.

Glad you got it all sorted out.

We have had to change to the 14 October sailing out of Miami to keep the flight change cost down. We are not to bothered because we love Miami so we are going a few days earlier to do some shopping.

I'm so glad it is all sorted out now, it's been ridiculous how they have treated us all.

At least we have both got our cruise. Like you not at all impressed by NCL lack of communication.

The only time we have had in Miami was on a previous cruise where we stayed overnight on way out and the luggage guys at the Sofitel sorted out a taxi driver who took us on a round tour. If the chance to spend a couple of days comes up in the future will definitely do so.

Hope you have a lovely cruise. My wife is currently on the Internet checking out all the Ports of call. Xx

At least we have both got our cruise. Like you not at all impressed by NCL lack of communication.

The only time we have had in Miami was on a previous cruise where we stayed overnight on way out and the luggage guys at the Sofitel sorted out a taxi driver who took us on a round tour. If the chance to spend a couple of days comes up in the future will definitely do so.

Hope you have a lovely cruise. My wife is currently on the Internet checking out all the Ports of call. Xx

I must say I think the new cruise is actually better in terms of the extra ports of call. We were actually looking for a Panama Canal cruise to do in the future so we are actually quite excited. I'm just hoping they don't try and change anything else in the future.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and get to spend some time in Miami in the future it's great. Xx

I must say I think the new cruise is actually better in terms of the extra ports of call. We were actually looking for a Panama Canal cruise to do in the future so we are actually quite excited. I'm just hoping they don't try and change anything else in the future.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and get to spend some time in Miami in the future it's great. Xx

You too. I think our next cruise (if we have one) is probably going to be closer to home. We've never been to the Canaries so that's a possibility. In the longer term we'd love to cruise the Hawaii islands. We did this a few years ago and combined with a week in Honolulu. It was fantastic but very long flights.

We have friends in Orlando so it would be good to meet up with them again,and if they are able to join us for a few days in Miami it would be ideal.

All the best then,

Mike xx