Escape Mini Suite over 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar

jeffregpuck

Should we be worried about noise? Has anyone else stayed in one of these cabins recently that could speak from experience?

We were booked in a balcony on the 11th deck, and were offered a free upgrade to a guarantee mini-suite, but were assigned one right above the bar.....a little worried now as we stayed under a restaurant one time....and it was awful.

I wouldn't do it. On our sailing the Waterfront bar got a little loud and rowdy in the later afternoon. We were on 12 far aft and we could still hear the silverware clinging around and people talking from Moderno below us. Not bothersome by any means, but we could still hear it. If there is music at night in 5 o'clock it will be very very loud too. I think there is an exit in 5 o'clock to the waterfront which would let the music spill out too.

We were on the Escape in November on Deck 9 in a stateroom almost directly above the District Brew House. Honestly, it was never a problem for us. Not sure about the music from the 5 o'clock somewhere bar, but it didn't seem all that loud to us, plus you will be 3 decks up, not just one.

However, if you stayed below a restaurant in the past, you may want to get moved. Hopefully, someone else here can provide more information.

We were midship deck 10 - room 10230. We could hear a mild thumping - unclear whether it was from 5 o'clock or District Brew House.

I believe both venues received noise complaints the first night, when acts were playing until 1am. After that, I know factually that the Brew House performer had to stop playing at 11pm for the rest of the week, and I read elsewhere that 5 o'clock had a similar fate.

Was your upgrade through Upsell? If not, maybe worth a call to see if you have any other options?

If you keep the room - make the most of it and close the clubs down! :)

We were on the Escape in November on Deck 9 in a stateroom almost directly above the District Brew House. Honestly, it was never a problem for us. Not sure about the music from the 5 o'clock somewhere bar, but it didn't seem all that loud to us, plus you will be 3 decks up, not just one.

However, if you stayed below a restaurant in the past, you may want to get moved. Hopefully, someone else here can provide more information.

We are also on deck 9, and the 5 O'clock somewhere bar is on deck 8. Our mini suite is right above it.

From what I heard last week(we just got off Saturday), I'd go back to the original room. There's reason those room are available. One passenger had the HD say they'd reduce the hours of the band so she could get to sleep a bit earlier. She declined since it wasn't everybody's else fault she couldn't sleep. The week before, they reduced the hours Beau Tahana played in the Brew House due to complains.

We are booked on a March sailing for a room slightly farther down - a little closer to Tobacco Road - and I have been concerned. Unfortunately no options to move without a significant price increase (Spring Break sailing). What is crazy to me is that majority of these cabins (including ours) are the Family Mini Suite category. Why put cabins specifically marketed to families with children directly above potentially loud venues?!? I just ordered our entire family ear plugs and will hope for the best.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed in 9810 which is above these bars? Any pictures? Thanks!

I too have been wondering how the deck 9 midship MiniSuites would fare. I am on Deck 9 in April near the Elevators and over La Cucina. I am hoping it is somewhat quiet. I have read the location is excellent as its close to many things on 6,7,8.

Here are some pictures I found. When you click the link scroll down just past cabin 10916 and I think the next set of pictures are of a deck 9 midship family mini with the tub. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM2yohty-dJ_pb9ItFDCeY0H5SOEuwGBiPnbSPNL2YXEhvcgbYb5iZ7010zR56fKA?key=N05vQWlDUUxwSEJYWS1Wa3dJa3F5aDZXRXdmSFdR

If anyone has stayed on the Escape in either of these Deck 9 cabins, 9188-9208, it would be great to hear your input on location and noise.

I too have been wondering how the deck 9 midship MiniSuites would fare. I am on Deck 9 in April near the Elevators and over La Cucina. I am hoping it is somewhat quiet. I have read the location is excellent as its close to many things on 6,7,8.

Hi Siked2Sail- thank you! We are very excited regarding the location as well, and we have been checking out youtube videos/deck plans, and the location seems amazing! We are excited to be by the Waterfront and the bars. Noise doesn't deter us, as chances are we will be downstairs participating in whatever is going on :p:D. If we see/hear any additional info, we will pass it along.

Thanks to anyone advance with any information on these mid-ship deck 9 family suites! I believe we are in an M4. Also, I am curious, do these suites have both the bath tub/jetted showers or just the shower?

I was in 9790 just last month. I didn't take any pictures though! Ours was set up with the bed by the balcony, and the couch by the closet/bathroom - and we were in there with 2 grown children (23), and we had plenty of storage for the 4 of us, the bathroom was nice having the long sink with 2 faucets, and we had a shower/tub. We didn't use the tub, but it was nice having the glass shower doors rather than the curtain that we're used to. We were rarely back to our room before 11:00 pm, but on the nights that I did go in early, you could barely hear music or noise from the floor below, and I believe that we were above the "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere" bar, that featured a band every night. It wasn't disburbing at all. I did smell smoke occasionally while out on our balcony, but I'm a non-smoker, and really sensitive, so it may not bother most people.

I received the mini-suite thru an upsell, and was really worried about the location, but, I found it to be a great location, and now am spoiled by the mini suite!!

Enjoy your cruise!!