Quebec

georgiacat

We are on the Princess cruisetour prior to the Oct. 2 Caribbean Princess Canada/New England cruise. I am hoping someone who has taken the land tour prior to boarding in Quebec can tell me a little about the time frame. What time will we get on the ship the first day? If I am thinking of a Quebec tour (Princess maybe) should I plan it for the first day or the second? What do you recommend?

I can see your cruise tour's itinerary (embark 10/2; sail 10/3) & I embarked in Québec a couple of years ago with the same ship schedule.

Embarkation began on the first day in late morning which we did before spending more time exploring the beautiful city of Québec. The next morning we took a tour with "Les Tours du Vieux Québec" (Old Québec Tours) http://www.toursvieuxquebec.com/en

Their "A Fabulous Country Tour!" costs $49.95 and was less expensive than Princess tours which did not go to all 3 places. Like you our ship didn't sail until 5:00 PM on the 2nd day so we had plenty of time for the tour & they pick up passengers across the street from the cruise ship terminal. We went to the beautiful Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré church, Montmorency Falls (1 1/2 times higher than Niagara Falls) and the Island of Orleans to visit a maple products shop & a great copper relief manufacturer.

The Princess tours are $89.95 for the Montmorency Falls & Ile d'Orleans tour and $79.95 for the Montmorency Falls & Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré tour. Not only are they more expensive but neither tour goes to all 3 places like the less expensive Old Québec Tour. Checking TripAdvisor they're still well rated & we enjoyed their tour very much. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've just been researching this myself for a 2017 sailing, and decided that an even better choice than any of these tours is to rent a car at the Quebec airport the day before boarding the ship, see Montmorency Falls and Ile d'Orleans, stay in a B&B on the island that night, then drive back to check in at the ship and drop the car at the downtown car rental office. Then we can use the two half-days to sightsee Quebec City from the ship. [We visited St. Anne de Beauport many years ago. Meh]

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

While you all mentioned some sites I would suggest that there isn't much of anything more truly 'Canadian' than stopping at a Tim Horton's coffee shop/bakery. Oh and if possible pay for your purchases with Loonies and Twonies ($1 & $2 coins). There are no $1 bills anymore. And no pennies. Everything is rounded.

Yes, there really was a Tim Horton - he played hockey for the Toronto Maple Leafs a long time ago - The 60's I think.

Welcome to Canada!

While you all mentioned some sites I would suggest that there isn't much of anything more truly 'Canadian' than stopping at a Tim Horton's coffee shop/bakery. Oh and if possible pay for your purchases with Loonies and Twonies ($1 & $2 coins). There are no $1 bills anymore. And no pennies. Everything is rounded.

Yes, there really was a Tim Horton - he played hockey for the Toronto Maple Leafs a long time ago - The 60's I think.

Welcome to Canada!

You mean it's not named for Dr. Seuss' Horton??? ;) :p :D