Hanging Toiletry Bag

mcbride114

A lot of the bigger groups started using organizers on the outside of their cabin doors. They put stuff in them for the rest of their large parties to use and share. But it's a safety hazard putting them there especially if there's a fire. Then the new rules popped up about not putting organizers on doors and them needing to be fire retardant. But cruisers are posting that they are using them inside of their cabins without any problems or questions. And it makes sense because how many things are in the cabin that would go up in flames? Towel animals, comforters, clothing, I mean everything in the cabin would catch fire. They just want the main cabin door free of clutter and organizers in case of a fire or some other emergency. It makes sense. And the whole "if it isn't fire retardant it will be taken" is not being backed up by fact or personal experiences. Literally everyone is saying they've been using theirs whether it's in the closet or in the bathroom or some other area of the cabin it doesn't seem to matter. From the reviews I'm reading as long as it's not on the main cabin door you're okay. :)

I understand we can no longer hang toiletry bag on the doors of the bathroom, but can you still bring them and hang in the closet?

Where did you see that you cannot hang a toiletry bag on the bathroom door?

Carnival only allows over-the-door pocket shoe holders that are fire-resistant. I have not read anything about toiletry bags.

Where did you see that you cannot hang a toiletry bag on the bathroom door?

Carnival only allows over-the-door pocket shoe holders that are fire-resistant. I have not read anything about toiletry bags.

Decorating Your Stateroom Door and Stateroom

We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable.

Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings.

To affix materials to your stateroom door, you may use magnets and Command Strips.

Do not use adhesives such as tape or glue that will leave residue.

Over-the-door hanging organizers may only be used if they are fire retardant and do not damage the door. (Must hang inside the stateroom.)No decorations of any kind on balconies.

No string lights of any kind.

Important: If decorations are deemed to be a fire hazard or unsafe, they will be removed.

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Edited by hftmrock

Decorating Your Stateroom Door and Stateroom

We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable.

Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings.

To affix materials to your stateroom door, you may use magnets and Command Strips.

Do not use adhesives such as tape or glue that will leave residue.

Over-the-door hanging organizers may only be used if they are fire retardant and do not damage the door. (Must hang inside the stateroom.)No decorations of any kind on balconies.

No string lights of any kind.

Important: If decorations are deemed to be a fire hazard or unsafe, they will be removed.

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

This policy says nothing about toiletry bags.

This policy says nothing about toiletry bags.

Over-the-door hanging organizers

I think that is generic enough to mean ANYTHING that hangs on the door. Shoe organizers, Toiletry organizer, hair brush organizer, carnival pin organizer, wig organizer, belt organizer, bow tie organizer.... any over the door hanging organizer

(if its hanging over the door, its an organizer... so a toiletry bag over the door is an organizer for your toiletry stuff)

do you think Carnival meant hanging shoe organizers only need to be fire retardant but anything else hanging doesn't have to be fire retardant?

they don't need to be that specific... if its hanging and it organizes stuff.... it needs to be fire retardent

Edited by hftmrock

I am curious what does a toiletry bag look like and how much does it hold also where do you get them that might be helpful as my wife as most ladies have the counter filled all up

Google Image Search: 'Hanging Travel Shower Caddy'. There are several types - I have 2 different types, in addition to my regular hanging "shoe" organizer that holds other stuff and hangs inside the closet. The hanging shower caddies are water-proof and have drainage built in. They are very convenient for holding everyone's razors, shaving cream, various soaps, shampoos, and conditioners, etc. inside the shower.:)

I purchased the hanging toiletry bag linked below specifically because of the small spaces in the bathroom. It has a hanger like a clothes hanger so I don't see how it could damage the door. I definitely plan on using it. If someone says something to me about it, I'll take it down and hang it back up when I'm getting ready. These things seem specifically designed for cruise ships IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018NJA4LE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I purchased the hanging toiletry bag linked below specifically because of the small spaces in the bathroom. It has a hanger like a clothes hanger so I don't see how it could damage the door. I definitely plan on using it. If someone says something to me about it, I'll take it down and hang it back up when I'm getting ready. These things seem specifically designed for cruise ships IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018NJA4LE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I love your screen name!:) I LOVE Jane Austen!:D I can't imagine you'll have any problems with that. I'm sure you'll be fine. Have a great cruise.

I love your screen name!:) I LOVE Jane Austen!:D I can't imagine you'll have any problems with that. I'm sure you'll be fine. Have a great cruise.

Haha! Thank you! When I post here, I think people think that my name is actually Jane, when it's not, I'm just a big fan of Jane Austen.

Haha! Thank you! When I post here, I think people think that my name is actually Jane, when it's not, I'm just a big fan of Jane Austen.

That's what I figured.:)

I even have a JA action figure in my library, on the Austen shelf. ;) :D

Edited by ShakyBeef