Breakaway Late to PC

proll267

After looking at some cruise locators and factoring in its late arrival/departure this week, it looks like BA hasn't made it to PC yet as of 5pm EST. Has anyone experienced this before? I was on the fence with booking excursions while in PC, and this situation has me leaning more towards no.

Sea-scanner.com says Breakaway arrived in PC 4 hours 9 minutes ago, as of a minute ago when I looked at it.

Technically, Sea-scanner says that is the "scheduled" position, not the "actual" position. And the Port Canaveral webcam only shows the Anthem. So I agree with OP - the Breakaway is MIA! :confused:

My son and his fiancée are on it and haven't heard from them either. Been watching the port cam and breakaway bow cam since noon and really nothing.

Side note. Bit creepy being able to see people working out on the Anthem. (In the gym) Didn't realize those cams broadcasted anything more than the outside of the ship from afar.

BA is now appearing on marine traffic radar, on a heading for PC doing about 15 knots - webcam showing what looked "possibly" like one of the KSC rocket launch platform on starboard side, roughly 1 o'clock position as the sun begin to set - wind/sea conditions are calm.

Having sailed this itinerary on many occassions, it's likely not to be docking for at least another hour and a half from the pier (about 75 km out), but should soon pick up cellular signals from land towers sooner - CDMA from VZW is generally stronger, followed by AT&T and then T-Mo.

From the other post, I noted BA coming out NY harbor (about 2 hours late) at 20+ knots under the VZB, slowed down to just 10 knots for several hours until it was past Asbury Park, NJ and stayed very close to the shore - then it resume normal speed of 20+ knots.

Get the popcorns out after dinner, I am bracing for stories ... not much, if anything to do - for the BA pax - at all in the evening (don't think it's worth going to Coca Beach at night, IMO)

But, think positively - maybe they will skip / cancel GSC tomorrow (especially if conditions are not favorable for tendering) - and stay overnight & all day Wednesday in PC instead - I can wish & dream. ;)

Edited by mking8288

See her now, doing 15.3kn.

Thanks for the update, mking.

Calmpets, I knew what MIA meant :)

Hope all is well onboard! Safe sailing.

P.S.

jrseygrl, if you hear from your family onboard, please post here, thank you!

We just took this cruise last November, but we missed Great Stirrup Cay :(

~Robin

Edited by meatball_nyc

Funny Meatball. Every time we were supposed to go to GSC we couldn't due to weather. It took 10 years but we finally made it there last year.

DH just told me I was stupid for worrying. We've sailed through all kinds of bad weather including Hurricane Sandy ... and never thought twice about it. But its different when it's the kids onboard.

jrsegrl,

we will never stop worrying because it's what we do as mothers!

10 years to make GSC? Maybe I should just stick with the Bermuda trips, they are just much more relaxing anyway :)

Worst hurricane we sailed after was Arthur in 2014. Piece of cake compared to Sandy!

Glad to see Breakaway in PC now :)

Move over, Anthem!! Lol.

Breakaway docked in NYC on Sunday Feb. 14th two hours late ( 9am EST) and left three hours late (6pm).

~Robin

I'm on breakaway. Large waves, wind, and rain until just this morning. We left NYC late to begin with due to the late arrival of BA from her previous cruise. Making up the time didn't work out. So we arrived at PC at 9pm. Leaving tomorrow at 4pm and skipping GSC so that we arrive in Naasau on time at 8am the following day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app