Early Saver Price Protection Claim

CrazyPartyOf4

Has anyone ever submitted one these and how was the outcome? I guess what I'm wondering is....if it ended up coming out not in the customers favor, would they still make the change?

From what I'm reading it looks like you give up any onboard credit that was given on your original booking. I'm ok with that bc it looks as if the $50 onboard credit we have would be taken away and replaced with the $80 that is the price difference from when we booked and today. If that's all that's considered then that works in our favor, however....

When I called to verify this price difference, the lady I spoke with was looking at our booking and saying that we have a free upgrade - paying for 6L but have a 6M room....she priced out the 6L room to give me that $80 difference. But if you price out the 6M room, I think it would only be a $40 difference.

If they figured the price difference based on pricing a 6M room today in comparison to when we booked, would they really make that change - taking away a $50 onboard credit and then giving us a $40 onboard credit? I will leave the claim form alone if that's how it will end up working out for us.

Thanks for any info and I apologize if my post is confusing. Happy Wednesday everyone!

Has anyone ever submitted one these and how was the outcome? I guess what I'm wondering is....if it ended up coming out not in the customers favor, would they still make the change?

From what I'm reading it looks like you give up any onboard credit that was given on your original booking. I'm ok with that bc it looks as if the $50 onboard credit we have would be taken away and replaced with the $80 that is the price difference from when we booked and today. If that's all that's considered then that works in our favor, however....

When I called to verify this price difference, the lady I spoke with was looking at our booking and saying that we have a free upgrade - paying for 6L but have a 6M room....she priced out the 6L room to give me that $80 difference. But if you price out the 6M room, I think it would only be a $40 difference.

If they figured the price difference based on pricing a 6M room today in comparison to when we booked, would they really make that change - taking away a $50 onboard credit and then giving us a $40 onboard credit? I will leave the claim form alone if that's how it will end up working out for us.

Thanks for any info and I apologize if my post is confusing. Happy Wednesday everyone!

It is based on the room class that you have, not what you paid for. For example, I have a 4G cabin, but paid for a 4D because of free upgrades, so all price matching that I do has to be against the 4G cabin.

I've submitted many requests over the years and the final response has always been accurate to Carnival's rules.

As far as the OBC and such, simply look at what the parameters of the current promotion you're looking to book. Consider it an entirely new booking. If the current promotion doesn't offer OBC, you wont' get it. If it does offer it OBC, you would still have OBC based on whatever amount the current promotion is offering.

In the past, I have had a price drop of $40 but had $50 OBC on my current booking. I don't believe they approved that submittal as my overall expense would have gone up by $10. I didn't care either way as I still had gratuities to pay once on-board and I figured I would get a future price drop.

If you want to an upgrade, simply price out what that upgrade would cost by doing a mock booking. If you want the upgrade based on the price submit the form or call.

Edited by fuddrules

!

Yes they will.

You put in the request for the new change. They will honor that. Knowing the terms and conditions is up to the consumer.

Now, if you booked with a TA,, they might or might not catch that. If they did, they could warn you about the various stipulations involved.

It's happened to many people on this board who put in for an ES price drop,, only to find that they lost their OBC, or their final price actually goes up because of changes in port fees and/or taxes, or they lose the cruise entirely because they booked with a 50% deposit put in for a price drop not understanding that they must now pay 100% of the deposit. They never comply with the additional deposit and the cruise line cancels their reservation.

Edited by klfrodo

Lol you guys gotta get a personal vacation planner, I text my guy with the booking # and dont have to worry about any of this. He does all the change and I sit back and relax on my couch.

Yes I shoulda done that! It has been so long since we've cruised or gone anywhere other than Disney that my brain is frazzled and I just booked online when we found the trip we wanted. It's hard to get all my ducks in a row sometimes with work, kids, life but I'm probably the one that needs a PVP more than most instead of keeping up with everything myself. Can you have one "assigned" to your trip after you've booked?

Yes, carefully compare! Yesterday I submitted a form to save $20 on my upcoming cruise - but they took away my $50 OBC and increased the taxes/port fees by $1.75 per person. So I lost money! I was able to get it reversed with much pleading, but they wouldn't lower the taxes back to where they were.

For me, lesson learned! The customer service rep said to call if I'm not sure and they will tell me if it would be worth claiming the early saver benefit taking into account any OBC, etc.

I booked through a TA and price matched twice so far. I was told I'd lose my OBC ($50) the first time but the price drop was more. I paid $1000 deposit to begin with so didn't have to worry about that. I always do a mock booking before calling for a price drop to make sure I'm actually saving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just a quick question. My husband and I booked 2 rooms on the Pride in August. We got in on the 100.00 deposit per cabin and just paid off the balance for both cabins last week. If we were to find an ES deal, would we qualify for it since we're already paid off? And if so, how would we go about having Carnival credit us the difference? This Is only our 2nd Cruise, so I'm not exactly sure how it all works. I tried looking at the cruise without logging in but the cruise were on doesn't even show up now, which makes me suspect there's a price drop that I'm unaware of. Gonna have to delete my cookies and try it when I get home tonight.

Just a quick question. My husband and I booked 2 rooms on the Pride in August. We got in on the 100.00 deposit per cabin and just paid off the balance for both cabins last week. If we were to find an ES deal, would we qualify for it since we're already paid off? And if so, how would we go about having Carnival credit us the difference? This Is only our 2nd Cruise, so I'm not exactly sure how it all works. I tried looking at the cruise without logging in but the cruise were on doesn't even show up now, which makes me suspect there's a price drop that I'm unaware of. Gonna have to delete my cookies and try it when I get home tonight.

You can only price match after the final payment date (deadline for making final payment) if you have booked an ES fare. If it is prior to that date (regardless of whether you have paid in full or not), you can price match with almost any other fare type.

Do you know what rate or promotion name you booked under? It's important to know this.

BTW, your cruise shows up just fine on my browser with plenty of rooms available.

Jackie - I don't think being paid off or not matters. Mine isn't completely paid off and the lady at Carnival today said I could do it - just needed to go through the website and submit the form. You get the credit for the difference either through onboard credit or upgrade(s) if available - those are the only two options.

Edited by CrazyPartyOf4

In our case the price reduction form didn't work because it could not lookup the booking due to the fact the names on the booking had to many characters. So we called Carnival and they did it over the phone.

use this website to find out what the current fare promotions are before calling:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

Also we just did our 2nd ES price reduction. We are after final payment date. After the first price reduction we got $56.50 in on board credit since the price we already paid was more than the new fare price of $858.

The 2nd price reduction was a little more complicated. The new fare was $878 but included $50 in on-board credit. Therefore they made us pay $20 more over the phone by credit card and now we have a total of $106.50 in on-board credit. So the 2nd price reduction saved us $30 more dollars in the end. I thought that was rather odd but in in the end I re-printed out the Cruise Documents and everything is listed out as she said it would. $878 for fare and $106.50 in on-board credit.