Getaway gym facilities - showers/locker room only for spa pass?

Jezo

I used the gym almost every day but did not see any facilities for showers. Doesn't mean they aren't there but they weren't obvious. The showers are usually pretty well designated. Less work for the staff if you always shower in your room, so I'm guessing the answer is NO.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently onboard the Getaway and the gym staff confirmed there are no shower facilities for the gym.

They told me only guests who purchase a spa pass have access to the showers.

There are small separate men's and ladies bathrooms with two sinks and two toilet stalls and about 10 lockers to store items in each for gym use. I am surprised they wouldn't include showers or changing areas for the gym.

• Like 1

A workaround around would be to go back to your cabin and use the shower in there.

x2, I'm not really sure why it wouldn't be easier to do just that. I can't imagine anyone being so time constrained that they need to take a shower instantly after a workout in order to be going somewhere afterwards cleaned up.

A workaround around would be to go back to your cabin and use the shower in there.

Just giving info for the OP who posted this thread wanting this info. No need for anyone to be rude or give attitude.

Edited by CocoCandy
  • Thanks 1

I am currently onboard the Getaway and the gym staff confirmed there are no shower facilities for the gym.

They told me only guests who purchase a spa pass have access to the showers.

There are small separate men's and ladies bathrooms with two sinks and two toilet stalls and about 10 lockers to store items in each for gym use. I am surprised they wouldn't include showers or changing areas for the gym.

Do the showers have a glass door so everybody can see you shower ? Is there a changing room, or a total lack of privacy ? How many shower stalls ?

I've asked these questions several times on different threads, but no one has answered. I plan on buying the Thermal Pass no matter what the answers are. I'm in a solo cabin, I'd really prefer not having to go back there to shower.

Thanks for any help you can give me !

x2, I'm not really sure why it wouldn't be easier to do just that. I can't imagine anyone being so time constrained that they need to take a shower instantly after a workout in order to be going somewhere afterwards cleaned up.
It's not necessarily a question of time. For me it's about convenience and getting out of the way. When I'm on a cruise and work out in the morning, I prefer to shower in the locker room because that way I won't have to compete for the bathroom in the cabin with my wife and kids.

Also, at least on the cruises I've been on, the gym showers tend to be much more spacious than the shower coffins in the cabins.

• Like 1

Do the showers have a glass door so everybody can see you shower ? Is there a changing room, or a total lack of privacy ? How many shower stalls ?

I've asked these questions several times on different threads, but no one has answered. I plan on buying the Thermal Pass no matter what the answers are. I'm in a solo cabin, I'd really prefer not having to go back there to shower.

Waving to alexmom! I googled and found a video of the spa tour on Breakway. Looks like he goes into the men's locker room. At around 2:20 of the video, you can see the showers. They seem to have what I called the "translucent door" on that other thread. I imagine it is probably identical for the women's locker room and the sister ship Getaway.

Oh, and to try and alleviate some of your concern...

I mentioned before that most guys don't really care who looks and for how long. But I can understand your concern. The shower doors in this video look like they have about the same translucency as the ones in my gym. I'm not sure if there is a bright overhead light in each stall like they have in my gym. But mine not only has the translucent doors, but every two stalls share a ceramic half wall and then the top half is also the translucent glass. And the bright overhead light.

I can say that you will be able to fuzzily see the other person. You might be able to make out the colour of their hair and skin and generally how thin or wide they are. But other details won't be able to be seen, unless the person is pressing their skin against the translucent glass.

I don't have a spa pass, but could ask at the spa desk and get back to you with their answers.

Spa showers:

In the women's changing room, there are 3 shower stalls with frosted glass doors. Not totally private, but private enough, I guess. No real place to hang towels or robes up, though, so be prepared to toss those up over the door to keep them from getting too wet.

There is also a single changing room, if you want privacy getting dressed or undressed. There are also several bathroom stalls, if you are really pressed for a place to change.

In my experience, there were very few women in the locker room at any one time. I maybe saw one or two other women in there any time that I went.

As a note, there are several showers also in the thermal suite itself. While the expectation is that you wear your bathing suit when using these showers, they do have shampoo and body wash, if you wish to use one of these to wash off after working out or after using the sauna or steam room.

On the smaller ships they have a shower area, nice locker room, and a steam room. Steam room was pretty great.

Waving to alexmom! I googled and found a video of the spa tour on Breakway. Looks like he goes into the men's locker room. At around 2:20 of the video, you can see the showers. They seem to have what I called the "translucent door" on that other thread. I imagine it is probably identical for the women's locker room and the sister ship Getaway.

Great video and it told me a lot about the spa too. Those doors are definitely frosted, but more opaque than my experience on Caribbean Princess. I'm just amazed at all those tile loungers facing the front of the ship ! I definitely found my happy place.

Thanks again for the laughs on the other thread and the video on this one !

Spa showers:

In the women's changing room, there are 3 shower stalls with frosted glass doors. Not totally private, but private enough, I guess. No real place to hang towels or robes up, though, so be prepared to toss those up over the door to keep them from getting too wet.

There is also a single changing room, if you want privacy getting dressed or undressed. There are also several bathroom stalls, if you are really pressed for a place to change.

In my experience, there were very few women in the locker room at any one time. I maybe saw one or two other women in there any time that I went.

As a note, there are several showers also in the thermal suite itself. While the expectation is that you wear your bathing suit when using these showers, they do have shampoo and body wash, if you wish to use one of these to wash off after working out or after using the sauna or steam room.

3 is good ! It looked like just 2 in blackwing's youtube video. And even one changing room is better than zero ! The showers in the Thermal Suite with body wash seem like they should be used before getting into the pool, although I'm at a real loss to explain shampoo. Who washes their hair in public ??

Thanks for the good, and reassuring, information.

3 is good ! It looked like just 2 in blackwing's youtube video. And even one changing room is better than zero ! The showers in the Thermal Suite with body wash seem like they should be used before getting into the pool, although I'm at a real loss to explain shampoo. Who washes their hair in public ??

Thanks for the good, and reassuring, information.

The showers in the thermal suite area do have frosted glass doors or shower curtains, so there is *some* privacy, but I wouldn't expect to hang out there longer than a minute or two. They do have very nice waterfall shower heads, though :)

The showers in the thermal suite area do have frosted glass doors or shower curtains, so there is *some* privacy, but I wouldn't expect to hang out there longer than a minute or two. They do have very nice waterfall shower heads, though :)

I'd prefer the curtain to the glass door but will take what I get and say "thank you". It takes me 2+ minutes just to wash my hair so I might be reported on CC as a shower hog LOL.

I hope you had a wonderful cruise !

Shame really...I miss the days where you'd have a steam and sauna in both change rooms with adequate facilities in terms of showers and change rooms...I would go and get all my stuff done up there so the family could relax in the room and not have me hovering over everyone asking who was next for the bathroom...Seem to be pushing everyone to buy the thermal suite pass which I did and it is worth it but I miss the other stuff

• Like 1