Independence not boarding

alexkrn46

Independence has had lots of delayed boarding recently. On Feb 8th they were still debarking passengers up until about 12:00. We began boarding around 12:45 and it was chaotic! Everyone was antsy to board, cutting in line, pushing & shoving. We were some of the first to board (in the Suite area), but there was very little regulation making sure that people just coming up the escalator didn't just hop into the boarding line. I heard from our table mates at dinner that it got even worse, with agents screaming at people to go back and sit down.

Good luck and prepare yourself!

For our cruise, we were told it was a computer glitch and they were having to debark manually with the manifesto, but we have also heard that it depends on how many customs agents are assigned to handle debarkation. We started with 2 agents and then a 3rd came along. Of course, we ended up in the "slow" line with an agent who took his sweet time. :rolleyes: We debarked with the early self-carry luggage group, so I don't know how it went the rest of the morning.

When we boarded the Navigator on 02/06. They would only let a few people through security at a time. They would let maybe 10-15 people through then hold up the line for maybe 5-10 minutes. When my husband and I finally got to the scanners they let me through and then tried to stop the line with my husband. Luckily another agent realized we were together and told the one that stopped my husband to let him through but then stop the line after him. I really don't know what the hold up was. I also heard that later the computers crashed and caused more problems but by then we were on board.

This is scaring me. This is our first cruise and my husband didn't want to go in the first place. If we have to wait in line for hours just to get on the ship, he's liable to throw me overboard. If you hear that a woman "fell off" of the Independence, you'll know it was me!:eek:

Back in 2011 after our TA on the Liberty, we were finally curbside at 11 AM, many more didn't get off until noon or after all due to lack of custom agents. Lines were so backed up into the ship many people couldn't get out of the elevators. We along with maybe 200 others missed our Post cruise tours and got reimbursed. Heidi that happened to us, hubby got through but I was held at the door for 30 minutes waiting to get off. he thought I was with him only to turn around and see me still waiting.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Well I did the self disembark so was off around 9ish.....didn't seem to be an issue with my experience on IOS and prob took less than 30 mins from the time I left my cabin....but it does seem that this ship seems to have a lot of complaints of it being slow and delayed.