Solo Cruiser - NCL Promotions

sail7seas

I have received a number of offers for choosing particular promotions and something is niggling at me.

When they offer the specialty dining choice, the exact verbage is:

SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE

The first two guests receive between 3 and 6 meals of specialty dining depending on the length of your cruise. On a 7-night cruise the first two guests receive 4 specialty meals each.*

Seeing I book a Penthouse as a solo and pay 200%, there is no second passenger in my cabin, would I be unreasonable to ask that since I am paying for two guests, I should be able to get between 6 - 12 special dining dinners on my cruise?

We solos are paying for two people to have that dinner and I somehow feel we should be entitled to have those dinners if we choose to specialty dine each evening of a 7 days cruise.

Am I 'greedy'? :eek:

I have received a number of offers for choosing particular promotions and something is niggling at me.

When they offer the specialty dining choice, the exact verbage is:

Seeing I book a Penthouse as a solo and pay 200%, there is no second passenger in my cabin, would I be unreasonable to ask that since I am paying for two guests, I should be able to get between 6 - 12 special dining dinners on my cruise?

We solos are paying for two people to have that dinner and I somehow feel we should be entitled to have those dinners if we choose to specialty dine each evening of a 7 days cruise.

Am I 'greedy'? :eek:

I don't think you are being greedy. If we pay for 2 people we should get the perks for 2 people. Celebrity at least gives solos that pay 200% double points on their loyalty program.

I got double points on the loyalty program on NCL last summer but because I was in a Suite. I don't think I got double for paying 200% for a solo occupant.
No you didn't get any points for paying 200%, because NCL doesn't give those extra points like Celebrity does. If NCL did like Celebrity does, it would be 1 point for everyday and 1 point for being in a suite each day x 7 day cruise = 14 x 2 = 28. So basically what ever you got from NCL, if on Celebrity would have been doubled. Not a perfect solution to the issue, but at least it is something. Edited by NLH Arizona

My cousin is travelling with us solo in a balcony- 14 night cruise - he got the drinks package plus 6 x speciality dining meals- We have the same.

We are all more than happy with that -

Great price and even as a Solo paying double - it still is amazing value for money

I don't think that's unreasonable at all and have wondered that myself. As solo travelers (unless staying in a studios) we pay 200%, so your request makes sense to me. I'm in a studio for my next cruise and there were no promos for studios other than a tiny bit of OBC, but I considered booking a balcony and would have probably asked about that on the dining package.

In general NCL is not interested in encouraging single occupancy, but someone staying in a suite as a single is really shelling out a lot for a second set of amenities that no one will use… I would ask the concierge on board, or leave a note in the hotel director's box.

Thank you to those who commented. The few dinners won't make a big difference in view of how much I am paying as a solo but it is something I've been thinking about. I am paying for those meals and 'someone' should be entitled to eat them. Maybe I'll treat a friend to dinner :) with those dinners that I have paid NCL.

I think maybe I'll discuss it with the cruise consultant at NCL through whom I book.

Edited by sail7seas

It cannot hurt to ask, especially since you are paying for two. The worst thing they can say is no. I have sailed solo in a suite several times, but not with these perks. I did however invite a friend to breakfast and lunch at Cagneys, as well as invited someone to attend the premium/suite seatings at shows seating. The other thing I read recently on the boards regarding the platinum dinner was that if you are sailing solo you could split the dinner for two across two nights. I cannot speak for this personally, but will be trying on my next solo cruise.