Should move from B to AX on Wind surf?

Decoydonna

Hi,

First time on Windstar. I booked a forward cabin on deck 1 on the Wind Surf for the Yachtsman itinerary in March.

After reading about the smoke smell "issue" on deck 1 forward and thinking being so far forward can be an issue with motion, I'm considering moving up to AX category mid section room for an extra $200pp.

Those of you who have sailed on Wind Surf - is there more motion on deck 1 vs deck 2, forward vs mid? Any noise heard in the deck 1 room from are down below? Any other advice/experience you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

We were on deck one smack dab in the middle just a few weeks ago. We felt like the motion was at a minimal. I don't think there's much difference between deck one and two. We prefer to be in the middle just in case there are rough seas. We had a beautiful sailing and I'm sure we would have been fine anywhere on our cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi,

First time on Windstar. I booked a forward cabin on deck 1 on the Wind Surf for the Yachtsman itinerary in March.

After reading about the smoke smell "issue" on deck 1 forward and thinking being so far forward can be an issue with motion, I'm considering moving up to AX category mid section room for an extra $200pp.

Those of you who have sailed on Wind Surf - is there more motion on deck 1 vs deck 2, forward vs mid? Any noise heard in the deck 1 room from are down below? Any other advice/experience you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Decoydonna,

When do you sail in March? We have a Roll Call (albeit tiny) started for the March 26 sailing. Come join if you are sailing with us!

FWIW, I was concerned about the post about smoke on deck one, but there seemed to be many more folks out there that had not experienced such problems. We are staying put on deck one midships.

We've stayed on all three and like different flavors of ice cream, they're all good but different. Deck one I don't care for because I'm claustrophobic and don't like the washing machine effect in rough seas. My friend Suzanne loves it precisely because of this. Deck 2 has no more motion than deck 1 and neither does 3. The Surf is a totally stable and awesome ride. I have felt motion on the Spirit and the motor yacht but not on this ship other than knowing you're on the water. This best of them all. The only time I have ever smelled smoke indoors was around Amphora's restrooms meaning that passengers were ducking in for a smoke during dinner. If you're not a crazy claustrophobic like me spend the money elsewhere like a laundry package so you can go home with clean clothes. My favorite added expense!

• 2 weeks later...
Mrs. Tiki, we are on Breeze March 26, too. I can't find your nascent Roll Call.

Jim

Jim

The roll call is under WindSurf on the Windstar Roll Call tab. Then scroll to find the March 26th sailing. 3 or 4 folks have chimed in so far - we were even able to talk with another couple and coordinate an excursion.

See ya in 3 weeks

Mark