Newcastle plans nice welcome for QE 22 Feb arrival

Salacia

...or maybe not?

I just took a look at QE webcam/itinerary and it lists Brisbane as the next port stop on 24 Feb. I'm not seeing any mention of Newcastle port stop. I understand Cyclone Winston is retracing it's path from last week - might that effect the schedule?

Speaking of Cyclone Winston, prayers and best wishes to the people of Fiji directly in the path of the cyclone. -S

...or maybe not?

I just took a look at QE webcam/itinerary and it lists Brisbane as the next port stop on 24 Feb. I'm not seeing any mention of Newcastle port stop. I understand Cyclone Winston is retracing it's path from last week - might that effect the schedule?

Speaking of Cyclone Winston, prayers and best wishes to the people of Fiji directly in the path of the cyclone. -S

QE is currently anchored in Sydney Harbour and will dock at Circular Quay in 6 hours' time. She will set sail tomorrow night and arrive in Newcastle (possible anchor) on Monday 22nd. This will be followed by a sea day before arriving in Brisbane on Wednesday 24th.

She currently looks very pretty all lit up on the water. Reminds me I need to get around to finish my trip report for my month on board and my week on QM2.

Onboard QE and have arrived in Newcastle after a night of very smooth seas. The cyclone should have very little effect over the next few days, maybe a little more swell and wind coming into Brisbane and that will be about all.

Sunny with some cloud predicted for today. Great for day tours to the wine areas of the Hunter Valley and to Port Stephens for the beaches and dolphin cruises.