October weather Sydney to singapore

lynnek

Coming from the Uk to have 2 nights in Singapore the 4 nights in Sydney prior to the cruise on 8th October. Can anyone advise on weather and clothes to pack. On the weather websites it looks like it might be 20 degrees in Sydney going up to about 28 in Bali and Singapore so my question is are shorts and teeshirts on port days the choice of clothing? We are away three weeks so need to pack carefully and not waste space. Will we need anything warmer? Thanks for any replies.

we cruised Sydney to Singapore similar time last year and once we left sydney the weather was quite hot and in Singapore very humid. shorts, t-shirts, summer dresses with a light cardigan should be fine for port days. Don't forget sunscreen and insect repellent as well. If you stop at Darwin I can recommend the jumping crocodile tour. enjoy your cruise! :)

we cruised Sydney to Singapore similar time last year and once we left sydney the weather was quite hot and in Singapore very humid. shorts, t-shirts, summer dresses with a light cardigan should be fine for port days. Don't forget sunscreen and insect repellent as well. If you stop at Darwin I can recommend the jumping crocodile tour. enjoy your cruise! :)

Thanks for this will look into it. Any more tips?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, I haven't been back for a bit :)

In Singapore we bought a 3 day train pass and we used that to travel everywhere. We found it good value, the transport is very clean and safe and people were very helpful. At the end of the three days they also give you some money back if you hand the pass in.

I can recommend The Original Singapore Walks company, particularly if you like history. We did a tour with them and it was fantastic.

Some of the public toilets in Singapore don't have toilet paper in each cubicle. You either buy some on the way in or there will be one big roll as you walk in. I carried some of those small packets of tissues and some hand sanitiser in my bag. Also I found the toilets in the shopping centres very clean but some of the toilets near the bus stations (outside the train stations) were not so clean.

We had a few days in Sydney post cruise October 2014. Really nice and warm in the sun but a little cooler in the shade and in the evenings. I had taken a really light weight cardie and it was ideal. Sightseeing so easy to do independently using ferries and buses. Recommend a hotel near to circular quay. Returning in a couple of weeks, can't wait!

Singapore will be hot! Again really easy to do independently using public transport. A Singapore sling is a must in Raffles! We found hotel restaurants quite expensive but local eateries, including those in the shopping malls good quality and value. Not back there until 2017!