4K - French doors, shut now??

Cruisesfun65

Friends of ours are on the Pride currently and just texted that the French Door interior cabins (4K) now have the doors screwed close.

So, no more opening the doors for fresh air.

Can someone (who has been on the Pride recently) confirm that this is a permanent thing? Because we have a couple of bookings for a 4K cabin and the whole point was to be able to open those doors.

Would love some input. TIA.

Was on the Pride for 21 nights Jan/Feb and my French door opened (cabin 4197).

Do you have any pictures of the view from the cabin? I've been in a few 4k before, so I know what they look like, but I can't find any pictures of the view between the lifeboats for this particular cabin.

I know whoever you ask will probably give you different answers. After the last thread I wrote to my PVP and asked this question because we have one booked for 22 days on a B2B on Miracle in November and if they don't open, I don't want the room. She took a few days to research it and assured me that they do in fact open. I hope this is right!

We just got off the Pride yesterday and had a 4k (4130) and it opened up. I did notice the lock on it stuck but once I figured that out, I could open it. Of course I did panic at first thinking it was bolted shut.

The official word from a friend on the ship is that they are screwed shut in rough weather. The staff can occasionally forget to remove the screws.

WHEW!

This is correct. We were on the Pride 2/7 - 2/14 and had 4 (4k) cabins. They do open but when the weather got windy they started making a great deal of noise. To stop they noise they screwed them shut. But these can be removed. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone able to confirm legend 4k doors opened since February. I too would be upset as the reason I booked these rooms would be for the fresh air. (There are possibly better cruise ship options to Alaska but for the price on 4k it made it a good choice)

I am going to call carnival,I think if they hear from many people they may change their mind on the locking of the doors.