Future Cruise Certificate Verification

Chelsea1

I received a Future Cruise Certificate in Dec 2014 - a goodwill saving towards future cruise following problems on the Oasis 2014 transatlantic from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale. The certificate has a fairly large value and is within the validity period ( 2 years).

The certificate states that it should be "presented to your travel agent when initially planning your holiday". Travel agent should "stamp the certificate and send the original to RCI".

How can this be used booking on line direct with RCI or with an online travel agent? I have not used a high street travel agent for years, and there are very few remaining near me. Do I really need to have the certificate stamped?

It was an unexpected bonus from RCI and I am looking to use it towards an Asia Cruise this year

Thanks for anyone's help who has used a similar certificate.

I received a Future Cruise Certificate in Dec 2014 - a goodwill saving towards future cruise following problems on the Oasis 2014 transatlantic from Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale. The certificate has a fairly large value and is within the validity period ( 2 years).

The certificate states that it should be "presented to your travel agent when initially planning your holiday". Travel agent should "stamp the certificate and send the original to RCI".

How can this be used booking on line direct with RCI or with an online travel agent? I have not used a high street travel agent for years, and there are very few remaining near me. Do I really need to have the certificate stamped?

It was an unexpected bonus from RCI and I am looking to use it towards an Asia Cruise this year

Thanks for anyone's help who has used a similar certificate.

Call RCI and book this directly with them....they will have the certificate on file under your passenger information and the certificate #...If you then want to transfer the booking to a TA you will have a timeframe to do so....I personally would not and own your own booking.

It cannot be used on line with RCCL we just used our on the phone with a major on line travel agent. But they had to put our cabin on hold and it took 2 day to confirm the new price (not the full value of the cert against the agents original price as the agents price included a discount over RCCL on line price which was a % of total costs and this discount is not given on the cert part of the price). I have had too many issues on the phone with RCCL thus used the agent (also cheaper)

Call RCI and book this directly with them....they will have the certificate on file under your passenger information and the certificate #...If you then want to transfer the booking to a TA you will have a timeframe to do so....I personally would not and own your own booking.

Note no transfers to TA allowed on UK bookings

It cannot be used on line with RCCL we just used our on the phone with a major on line travel agent. But they had to put our cabin on hold and it took 2 day to confirm the new price (not the full value of the cert against the agents original price as the agents price included a discount over RCCL on line price which was a % of total costs and this discount is not given on the cert part of the price). I have had too many issues on the phone with RCCL thus used the agent (also cheaper)

Sorry you have had so many issues on the phone dealing directly with RCI......I won't deal with a 3rd party at all...regardless of what I'm booking...JMHO and what works best for me

Waiting "2 days" for a confirmation....:eek:

Glad you got a discounted price...but that usually isn't the case here in the US...TA can give OBC and incentives but can't undercut RCI cruise price.

Thanks everyone. I'll try calling RCI first and see if I can book directly with them - would much rather book directly if possible. If that fails will start looking up travel agents!

We have recently done RCI Mariner Singapore-Shanghai...Best of luck and enjoy your cruise.

It is different for us in the uk- dealing directly with RCCL means phoning a call center in Guatemala - and they are a nightmare to deal with - and get every thing wrong - My last direct booking cost me $165 and hours in calls to sort out all the problems they created - wrong names & dob, lost OBC - wrong price on 2nd invoice, deposit missing - In the end I got a persons name off this forum and had to email him to help sort out the price and missing OBC - he also compensated me for call costs after I sent a copy of my phone bill. His reason for all the problems was that the computer system was new and the booking business had newly been transferred to Guatemala. Thus I will never ever book direct again.