Reflection AQ Feb. 13 Western Caribbean

keesar

keesar....thank you for your report.....we were with you on the 13 Feb cruise in Aqua 1583 and had a very similar all round experience to you. We must have walked off with you in Miami. From leaving our cabin at 6.55 am we cleared customs, took a taxi to the airport and we were checked in by AA before 7.30 am. Less than 5 minutes through customs and almost no traffic on the road to MIA. I hope this happens next time we travel....I will think about booking an earlier flight.....lol

Blu was very good as usual....busy but still very good. We were two of the '25' at the elite cocktail time....quite but nice.

I am glad you had such a wonderful time. We enjoyed Blu but that orange juice was one step above Tang.:eek: This had to be the friendliest group of people we have ever sailed with.

We had a similar experience leaving the ship last year. I guess we were lucky as I get real nervous about booking an early flight. The Miami Port seems to be run really efficiently. We left thru FLL. That airport brought us back to reality!

Glad to read the great report of Reflection. Sailing for the fourth year in a row on March 5th and can't wait. Saw you wrote that the activity staff is now up to 2, is that in addition to Alexander? Been reading mixed reviews about the food, but glad to read good things. Our favorite is Lawn Club Grill, best meal we have all week. My friend and I love to cook with the chef while our wives sit and watch us! The staff always spoils them while we are cooking. Hope to see some of you on the Reflection soon!

If you purchase only 1 internet package you can share? DH and I will be on the Reflection, April 9th transatlantic and need to check work email :(, and that was one of my questions- can we use various devices?

We shared between 2 iPhones and one iPad. very easy to logoff and logon.

Glad to read the great report of Reflection. Sailing for the fourth year in a row on March 5th and can't wait. Saw you wrote that the activity staff is now up to 2, is that in addition to Alexander? Been reading mixed reviews about the food, but glad to read good things. Our favorite is Lawn Club Grill, best meal we have all week. My friend and I love to cook with the chef while our wives sit and watch us! The staff always spoils them while we are cooking. Hope to see some of you on the Reflection soon!

We inquired about cooking our own steaks for fun and were strongly discouraged to do this from our waiter. I am sure it depends on the wait staff, but have you had this experience when you have asked to cook your own? Do you also make your own flatbread pizza?

We inquired about cooking our own steaks for fun and were strongly discouraged to do this from our waiter. I am sure it depends on the wait staff, but have you had this experience when you have asked to cook your own? Do you also make your own flatbread pizza?

Not only have I cooked the three times I have been there, they have always encouraged us to do so. Two times we had great chefs that let us do quite a bit of cooking as well as teaching us how to properly grill, the other time, not so much.

You can also make your own flatbreads. Best steaks on the ship and the cookie sundae is to die for!

Yes, there were two full time activity staff members in addition to Alexander. They were very personable and upbeat.

We ate at the Lawn Club Grill the first evening. They did allow me to cook but it was really early in the night. When they get busy, it is more difficult. It was fun getting tips from the chef. The problem is that when you are cooking, your pizza is getting cold!

You can pick out the toppings and design your flatbread pizza. We were allowed to have four quarters of different toppings. A lot of fun to do so.

Edited by keesar