Have fttf, later flight, luggage express

jayscore

I'm wondering how late we can "hang back" on the ship with FTTF, plus use Luggage Express for a 4:00 PM flight out off FLL.

I realize we will have a LOT of time to kill before the flight, but will deal with it.

Thanks for any thoughts....

They'll start throwing you off by 10 as the other OP stated. If you wait until then to go to customs, you'll be about 11 when hitting the outside. A cab ride to the airport and it's 11:30.....getting through security etc, 12:15pm, walking to a place to eat and eating lunch

1:15ish, catching up on emails and you're ready to board!!!

Been there....got the T-Shirt!

We do this all the time, due to the fact our SW flight is always early evening time only to our hometown airport. At least at FLL it's a smaller airport all contained, not like Miami, scattered everywhere. We enjoy eating at Landshark and having a few beers just relaxing before our flight home. As above OP stated you can hang around till about 10:00 and by the time you go thru customs gets transport to airport it's actually less stressful than the mad dash to get off the ship that so many are doing. Enjoy and have a great cruise!

I'm wondering how late we can "hang back" on the ship with FTTF, plus use Luggage Express for a 4:00 PM flight out off FLL.

I realize we will have a LOT of time to kill before the flight, but will deal with it.

Thanks for any thoughts....

Different ships treat luggage express differently. When we did it we all had to meet in the dining room and were walked off together. It was pretty early in the morning. It was either the Glory or Liberty, can't remember which. Another option would be to take the carnival transport which would include the Everglades or south beach. We did Everglades on last cruise and are doing south beach this cruise in April. They store your luggage on the bus while you do the excursion.

When we had a 5:00 flight out of FLL, we booked a Room for a Day. For about $60 (for 4 people) the hotel picked us up and gave us a room to relax in. They also had a pool we could use. They then took us to the airport 2 hours before our flight. FLL is a tiny airport and it was jam packed with people. Was SO glad not to have to spend all day there.

Just trade in your luggage tags for the highest number available. That's what my husband and I did on our cruise last fall. I traded our #2's for #35's. Then we hung out in the Lido until they made the last announcement for the remaining boarding numbers (up to #35).

Edit: Of course since you are doing luggage express, this won't matter. You can just hang out until last call anyway. [emoji4]

Edited by bakersdozen12