Sunshine

alb1956

We are just off of the Sunshine and they have started adding fridges to some of the rooms. We were on Deck 9 in an interior room and 3 of the four rooms our party had, just had fridges added. We were not expecting it, having done my research on this site. They are not mini bars, and the cords go right up over the cabinet, so they didn't do any fancy electrical work, but the fridges worked fine for keeping things cold. :)

We are just off of the Sunshine and they have started adding fridges to some of the rooms. We were on Deck 9 in an interior room and 3 of the four rooms our party had, just had fridges added. We were not expecting it, having done my research on this site. They are not mini bars, and the cords go right up over the cabinet, so they didn't do any fancy electrical work, but the fridges worked fine for keeping things cold. :)

That is a positive note:)

We were on the Sunshine 1/24/2016 sailing, cabin 6373, I was surprised to find a fridge in the room. It was like a dorm fridge, just under the desk/vanity and the cord was just plugged into the outlet on top of the desk. I had asked the room steward to keep us ice in the soft sided cooler, then realized that we had a fridge. He said that they had just put it in, it kept our sodas and water nice and cold. The cooler stayed in my suitcase, but our steward brought us a ice bucket and kept it full the entire cruise anyway.

LOVED the Sunshine-already booked on her for next year. Great ship! Great staff! Great time!

Besides the chart with cabins on the Sunshine that do have permanent refrigerators, it sounds like a number of cabins are getting dorm-like refriges under the desk where the stool would go and that plug in with a cord pulled over the counter to the outlet.

With the Sunshine going into Dry Dock late spring -- I wonder if they are going to rewire them to be permanent cabin additions?? :confused:

As far as requesting a fridge on the Sunshine, there are very few of them and they're intended to be for passengers needing them for medications, such as insulin. They run out fast because people who need them for medication make requests in advance through the special needs department and very few are left.

Today's insulin does not need refrigeration for a cruise.

We are in room 9133 and I was wondering about access from the stairs and elevator. It looks like there is a solid wall and you need to go all the way to the front to get to the middle hallway. Is this true or is there a door by the stairs? Thanks for your help. :)