Specialty dining packages

Kellutvols

I got an SDP (3 days) with my booking. Can I Upgrade this to 6 or 7 days on board, for the difference ?

Last I looked at the packages, they offered 3-, 4-. 5-day, etc. You can purchase a 4-day package to go with your promo 3-day if you're wanting to eat in specialties all 7 nights.

We got the 3night specialty restaurant package promo that came with our room for the first two guests. Our daughter will be 8 by the time we go on our cruise. Besides teppanyaki (she's liked hibachi dinners before), do the other restaurants have kid friendly menus? Granted she's an only child and has been dining with us since she was a baby from the local restaurants to fine dining, and is used to a sit-down dinner.

As others have mentioned, the children's menu is the same one you'll see in the MDR. If your 8-year-old is anything like my daughter was at that age, that probably won't satisfy her. If we'd sailed NCL when my girl was 8, I wouldn't have purchased an SDP package for her if we were planning to eat at the a la carte restaurants. It would be less expensive to pay as we go for her meals since she wouldn't eat a full three-course meal.

Thank u quilting & Jana

Was hoping for a different menu but will probably opt for their regular kids menu or do a la carte. Was not planning on getting a package for her. This will be our third NCL cruise with her & usually don't do the specialty restaurants, but it came with the special promotion. Unless it has changed, from our last Gem cruise, their mac & cheese wasn't the typical "straight out of the Kraft box" and the chicken fingers were breaded chicken cutlets, both of which weren't that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank u quilting & Jana

Was hoping for a different menu but will probably opt for their regular kids menu or do a la carte. Was not planning on getting a package for her. This will be our third NCL cruise with her & usually don't do the specialty restaurants, but it came with the special promotion. Unless it has changed, from our last Gem cruise, their mac & cheese wasn't the typical "straight out of the Kraft box" and the chicken fingers were breaded chicken cutlets, both of which weren't that bad.

If you know which specialties you're going to eat in, you could look at the menus and see what she would eat and do the math to determine if a package would make sense. If you Google "Beyond Ships" you'll find a site that has all of NCL's menus. :)

I love the specialties. The variety of dining venues is why I tried NCL. On my first NCL cruise, I had the UDP so dined in a specialty restaurant every evening. I really enjoyed that aspect of the cruise.:D

If you know which specialties you're going to eat in, you could look at the menus and see what she would eat and do the math to determine if a package would make sense. If you Google "Beyond Ships" you'll find a site that has all of NCL's menus. :)

I love the specialties. The variety of dining venues is why I tried NCL. On my first NCL cruise, I had the UDP so dined in a specialty restaurant every evening. I really enjoyed that aspect of the cruise.:D

ThAnks for the tip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never cruised NCL so I was curious too! I decided on the 3 meal dining package because I'd like to try the main dining room as well. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good idea: we have the 4 night package plus we are platinum so we will only get to experience the MDR once. Some might think that is a good thing, I am looking forward to the wonderful specialty dining but would be happy with even one less.

OP, to us the extra charge is certainly worth it, but it is still a matter of opinion just like inside versus outside cabin.