Bon Voyage Experience

videolady

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in May. Will be on the Princess Ruby, sailing out of Seattle.

We see that Princess Cruises offers a Bon Voyage Experience to family and friends prior to the ship leaving port. Has anyone ever had family take the Bon Voyage Experience, and if yes, was it worth the $$? What was the experience like? Did you get to eat the lunch with your family/friends who did the BVE?

Thanks!

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in May. Will be on the Princess Ruby, sailing out of Seattle.

We see that Princess Cruises offers a Bon Voyage Experience to family and friends prior to the ship leaving port. Has anyone ever had family take the Bon Voyage Experience, and if yes, was it worth the $$? What was the experience like? Did you get to eat the lunch with your family/friends who did the BVE?

Thanks!

A quick search found numerous threads on the BVE, here is one,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2305019&highlight=bon+voyage+experience

I absolutely love this!! BVE is so fun!! If we have family or friends from our departure port we always look to see if they can join us. I find it to be worth it. You get to board early with your family/friends taking the cruise (that's more the benefit of those on the cruise than the person doing the BVE), you get a photo, and lunch in the MDR for your entire party, plus a glass of wine. Plus you can use the cost of the BVE towards a future cruise, but I think that needs to be booked fairly quickly, 3 months or something.

We love it!! Although my sister was so disappointed she couldn't stay on the cruise with us. That was the only downside

I absolutely love this!! BVE is so fun!! If we have family or friends from our departure port we always look to see if they can join us. I find it to be worth it. You get to board early with your family/friends taking the cruise (that's more the benefit of those on the cruise than the person doing the BVE), you get a photo, and lunch in the MDR for your entire party, plus a glass of wine. Plus you can use the cost of the BVE towards a future cruise, but I think that needs to be booked fairly quickly, 3 months or something.

We love it!! Although my sister was so disappointed she couldn't stay on the cruise with us. That was the only downside

Thank you for your insight! One question though, what is a MDR?