Cecilia, did you have your baby?

Cecilia, I was induced for Timmys delivery and I didn't think it was all that bad. I have nothing to compare it to, but the actual labor part wasn't really horrible and at the end of the day I had a baby....what could be better.

Remember when you cruise to bring your own Pampers....the disposibles in foreign countries often aren't as good as what we have here. After you use up the diapers you will have plenty of room for souveniers....and remember, diapers make great cushioning for smuggled booze!!!

Our first post baby cruise is booked on the Freedom of the Seas, RCCL's newest ship coming out next year, on October 15, 2006. It's a CC host thing we're all doing. As of right now we have the baby scheduled to go but depending on when his birthday is and how we start to feel about traveling with a one year old...that may change.

Sailaways...I've tried eggplant in every variation and I just can't do it. My husband's a vegetarian and his diet consists of a lot of egg plant and I try it every time just to make sure and I never like it. I think it's more a consistency thing versus a taste thing. Something about the consistency of egg plant is icky to me.

Every day I wake up and say that today would be a good day to have a baby. Maybe today will be the day? I've had steady contractions for a few weeks. Today they've really ramped up. Could today be the day? ;)

I bet it is or darn close; as for egg plant you and I agree. When DH first was diagnosed with heart trouble about 20 years ago, we did the low fat, healthy everything for about a year; that meant egg plant about once a week, I tried it every way and neighter of us could stand it. Since then we eat a healthy but normal diet, try to watch the fats and he has had no health problems for years. NMNita

Re: eggplant - Have you tried Baba Ganoush (sp?). That's the only eggplant variation my husband will eat - me I love it in virtually every variation.
I had baba ganoush (sp?) for the first time a month or so ago. ICK! I'm like a little kid. I made that ick face and didn't want to swallow what I tried. LOL Husband got quite a laugh. ;)

smeyer418...no pools on when he'll come. But my guess is it'll be at the most inconvenient time when I haven't slept and I suddenly have things I need to do. :cool:

Now today isn't looking so good for having a baby. I had contractions every five minutes for about two hours and thought that was a good sign. But then read my pregnancy books and they said to change position, try to sleep, etc. If they stop, then it's not real labor. Real labor won't stop no matter how I move or reposition, etc. I didn't sleep much last night so at 12:30 PM I laid down and just woke up about 30 minutes ago. While I was lying down, no contractions. :( Still no contractions now. Shoot! Tomorrow is another day......

Re: eggplant - Have you tried Baba Ganoush (sp?). That's the only eggplant variation my husband will eat - me I love it in virtually every variation.
I had baba ganoush (sp?) for the first time a month or so ago. ICK! I'm like a little kid. I made that ick face and didn't want to swallow what I tried. LOL Husband got quite a laugh. ;)

smeyer418...no pools on when he'll come. But my guess is it'll be at the most inconvenient time when I haven't slept and I suddenly have things I need to do. :cool:

Now today isn't looking so good for having a baby. I had contractions every five minutes for about two hours and thought that was a good sign. But then read my pregnancy books and they said to change position, try to sleep, etc. If they stop, then it's not real labor. Real labor won't stop no matter how I move or reposition, etc. I didn't sleep much last night so at 12:30 PM I laid down and just woke up about 30 minutes ago. While I was lying down, no contractions. :( Still no contractions now. Shoot! Tomorrow is another day......

Hey, Host Cecilia! I'm originally from Denver, and my kids (boys) were born at Swedish Medical Center! We lived in Southmoor Park for about 20 years, shopped at King Soopers, Safeway, Albertson's...you know what I mean! Yep - 10" of snow in Denver just means another nice sunny day. We have/had a condo in Breckinridge - spent many years up there! Good luck to you!

"Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails":D

Archived