Cecilia, did you have your baby?

Thanks for asking but no, we're STILL waiting for the baby. We were scheduled for an induction but have since canceled it and decided to wait for nature instead of rushing things along. Why bring on possible complications if we don't have to? So...we wait. :o

Good for you, Cecilia! When that lil Hooter is ready, he/she will be born. (Easy for ME to say, I know!) Take care of you and the Jr-Cecilia-to-be.:)

Greenie..........I believe the name will be Cecil:o HE will go through life taumatized with the name Cecilia:rolleyes:

Greg is not completely crazy--at one point I believe Cecilia was thinking about moving to Charlotte. I guess she decided to stay in Denver-where they got 20 INCHES of SNOW yesterday.yuk.

I hope they have solid trasportation to the hospital or that new hubby will be delivering him on the couch.:eek:

Usually when you hear about "Denver" snow, people really mean the mountains, not truly Denver metro area. I'm in Denver metro and we didn't get nearly that amount of snow on Monday. Well okay, our area did get about 10"; but with the 300 days of sunshine we get each year, the snow is a lot less noticable today.

So...Cecilia shouldn't have much of a problem getting to the hospital (assuming that they live in Denver metro and not the mountains).

Greg is not completely crazy--at one point I believe Cecilia was thinking about moving to Charlotte. I guess she decided to stay in Denver-where they got 20 INCHES of SNOW yesterday.yuk.

I hope they have solid trasportation to the hospital or that new hubby will be delivering him on the couch.:eek:

You're correct. So is Greg. We were moving to Charlotte but our house didn't sell in Denver in time and then I got to be too far pregnant so we're still in Denver. We only got a little bit of snow but I saw on the news where Breckenridge and other mountain towns got several feet. Can't wait for ski season to start. ;) Marlissa...we do live in Denver metro. No worries for us getting to the hospital. However, I'm convinced this baby will never come so it's a mute point. :D

He will come and I know getting sleep isn't the easiest thing right now. Isn't his due date right about now? I am sure in another few days you will be emailing us with all the news of his birth, how beautiful he is and how smart. He might already be talking right? Good luck,

NMNita

Time to eat Pizza or Pasta with marinara sauce! As a previous poster said, these foods are Magical Labor Inducing foods! :D

I wish you a speedy delivery! (and I'm not talking about a speedy pizza delivery :p )

Can't wait to hear that your beautiful baby boy has arrived!

Greenie..........I believe the name will be Cecil:o HE will go through life taumatized with the name Cecilia:rolleyes:

Oh. That's right. I fizgot it was a boy. :o

C'monnnnnnnnn l'il Cecil! Thatta boy! C'mon little guy--Mommy wants to meetcha and start getting you cruise-worthy!

:)

Cecilia--you need to walk at least a mile total every day (either inside or outside), eat spicy pizza or egg plant parmesan (the latter works better, because egg plant has the appropriate hormones in it). Induction with medication is a much worse thing to have to go through (take my word as a former high risk labor and delivery nurse). If you can get it going on your own, it is much better. My grandson was born six hours after a healthy dose of the eggplant to his mom.

Cecilia--you need to walk at least a mile total every day (either inside or outside), eat spicy pizza or egg plant parmesan (the latter works better, because egg plant has the appropriate hormones in it). Induction with medication is a much worse thing to have to go through (take my word as a former high risk labor and delivery nurse). If you can get it going on your own, it is much better. My grandson was born six hours after a healthy dose of the eggplant to his mom.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I'm not able to walk a mile a day. For the last three weeks I've had sciatic nerve pain that has left me unable to walk most of the time. I'm stuck in certain positions for several hours a day, I've fallen three times because of it and I've been given a muscle relaxer to help me just get through the day. It's been pretty terrible and that's why we were scheduling an induction. However, as you pointed out, induction can have awful complications and I'd rather stay in pain than put the baby or me at risk for more complications. If a doctor says I need to be induced, I'll do it but I can't voluntarily do that.

I've never heard the egg plant theory. I hate egg plant. LOL Doesn't it figure? I've also heard that pineapple worked for a few women I know. A glass of wine worked for two other women I know. I do love pizza. Maybe that's what I should try next. ;)

Thanks again for the nice words everyone. I appreciate the concern. :)

Cecilia,

I was induced and that was in the ice-age:rolleyes: I was fine, the baby was fine. It should even be better these days. If you have to be, don`t worry.

Let`s keep this related to cruising..........at what age is Cecil going to sail and on what line;)

I've never heard the egg plant theory. I hate egg plant. LOL Doesn't it figure? I've also heard that pineapple worked for a few women I know. A glass of wine worked for two other women I know. I do love pizza. Maybe that's what I should try next. ;)

Thanks again for the nice words everyone. I appreciate the concern. :)

Have hubby buy some very small eggplants; slice about 1/8" thick rounds, dip in beaten egg, toss around in some Italian seasoned crumbs, then saute in a little olive oil until crispy and slightly browned - not burned! These are delicious little appetizers, and really don't taste like eggplant at all. You can dip them in your favorite sauce to change the flavor.

Good luck, Cecilia - He will be here soon. Hopefully your sciatica will disappear quickly. Ouch! Been there, and I am feeling your pain......

Oh yes, meant to add, I was induced twice in the sixties - no problems then, so don't fret if this needs to occur.

Take care, now!

SailAways (Thanks for moving me to Panama, yesterday)

What is it with boys??? Mine had to be induced 2 weeks after the due date (standard timing for inducing in this area, at least it was 10 years ago!!). I was advised to try SPICY food but can't say it worked.

Hope all goes well.

Just remember that up to the age of 2 your baby boy can sail the world on NCL (no idea about other lines) for FREE :D

Let`s keep this related to cruising..........at what age is Cecil going to sail and on what line
Our first post baby cruise is booked on the Freedom of the Seas, RCCL's newest ship coming out next year, on October 15, 2006. It's a CC host thing we're all doing. As of right now we have the baby scheduled to go but depending on when his birthday is and how we start to feel about traveling with a one year old...that may change.

Sailaways...I've tried eggplant in every variation and I just can't do it. My husband's a vegetarian and his diet consists of a lot of egg plant and I try it every time just to make sure and I never like it. I think it's more a consistency thing versus a taste thing. Something about the consistency of egg plant is icky to me.

Every day I wake up and say that today would be a good day to have a baby. Maybe today will be the day? I've had steady contractions for a few weeks. Today they've really ramped up. Could today be the day? ;)

Think positive.........yes..........yes.........yes.....TODAY IS GOING TO BE THE DAY:D (BLUE FOR BOY)

Two things you can do.........go for a ride on a bumpy road.............rock in a rocking chair. To you better then eating eggplant:)

My DH hates eggplant but will eat in fried and baked in sauce and cheese. It has to be sliced very thin and breaded. You are right, it is the consistency.

Today they've really ramped up. Could today be the day? ;)

OK, no eggplant for you - not even as a decoration!!

Now, after telling you about being induced twice, I must relate the birth of our third and last child - also a boy.

After having been induced with the first two, I was sure this would be the case with #3.

After having what I believed to be false labor pains for several hours, I finally decided to call my OB/GYN, whereupon he suggested that I meet him at the hospital since he was there anyway.

Called hubby as the pains continued to increase - headed out to the hospital with my little bag, and had our baby within the hour!!! No induced labor this time.

Quite a surprise. Today is his 43rd birthday! So, I agree, 12 October 2005 is a great day to have a baby boy!!

Can you tell we are all getting pretty antsy around here - As if you could possibly understand that feeling ;)

Good Luck Again Cecilia

Our first post baby cruise is booked on the Freedom of the Seas, RCCL's newest ship coming out next year, on October 15, 2006. It's a CC host thing we're all doing. As of right now we have the baby scheduled to go but depending on when his birthday is and how we start to feel about traveling with a one year old...that may change.

Sailaways...I've tried eggplant in every variation and I just can't do it. My husband's a vegetarian and his diet consists of a lot of egg plant and I try it every time just to make sure and I never like it. I think it's more a consistency thing versus a taste thing. Something about the consistency of egg plant is icky to me.

Every day I wake up and say that today would be a good day to have a baby. Maybe today will be the day? I've had steady contractions for a few weeks. Today they've really ramped up. Could today be the day? ;)

Re: eggplant - Have you tried Baba Ganoush (sp?). That's the only eggplant variation my husband will eat - me I love it in virtually every variation.

Archived