Royal Princess Embarkation

bankerbabe

We are planning to board the Royal Princess on March 13, less than 3 weeks away!! Quick question for everyone:

We aren't thrilled about the idea of getting up early and rushing to the ship. We arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at about 5:30 the night prior to our cruise and would prefer to have a relatively leisurely morning and then work our way over to the ship. The hotel check-out isn't until noon, so we were thinking of heading over around that time.

What is the ideal time to arrive at the ship? Our goal is to let the early-boarders get on and then try to avoid some of the lines by going a tad later. Would leaving our hotel at noon work for that goal? Or should we leave our luggage with the hotel and go find something to do until 1 or 2, maybe have a nice lunch somewhere nearby or do our last minute shopping, and then head over to the ship?

Thanks in advance.

What you have planned sounds perfect.

I don't know if I would do lunch prior to getting on the ship through, it's included on the ship and it gets you started on learning the layout of the ship. :) Unless of course there was a land restaurant you really like or wanted to try, then sure, do that as a treat before vacation starts.

I think if you arrive to the port by 2 there won't be any lines to get on.