Guy's Burgers....Can They Be-That Enticing?

MAGNUM PI

I never ate a burger on a ship until Guy's came along. They're very good, lots of toppings to choose from & the fries are also good. I think they are laced with crack, so once you have one, you always want more.

OMG- Laced with crack. That is funny as hell and you may be right. You may have just put your finger on the addiction to Guy's. Crack and the SMC. I like the "Ringer". TOOOO Funny.............

Just love that part of Carnival...good family and Lido and main options..their better bar varieties, Italian and other options on different ships, and the steak house for a step up...as well as the Chef's Table now. Very nice variety on a budget cruise.

I agree. I always enjoy the steakhouse.

I tried Guy's for the first time on Conquest this past November. The burgers were a little on the greasy side but so delicious. My favorite version has cheese, raw onions, bacon, pickles and the mayo sauce. :cool:

Cold Toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced raw onions, pickle slices, peppers (banana, cherry, and jalapenos), potato sticks

Hot Toppings: bacon, sauteed mushrooms, grilled onions

Sauces: chipotle mayo, ranch, regular mayo, ketchup (all of these are in a dispenser, with individual-serving metal cups for dispensing them), also bottles A1 steak sauce, red & green Tabasco

Remember you can also grab bottles of ketchup and mustard from the buffet.

-------------

I pieced this list together from my own memory and photos I could find online; feel free to add any goodies that I missed!

Cold Toppings: shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced raw onions, pickle slices, peppers (banana, cherry, and jalapenos), potato sticks

Hot Toppings: bacon, sauteed mushrooms, grilled onions

Sauces: chipotle mayo, ranch, regular mayo, ketchup (all of these are in a dispenser, with individual-serving metal cups for dispensing them), also bottles A1 steak sauce, red & green Tabasco

Remember you can also grab bottles of ketchup and mustard from the buffet.

-------------

I pieced this list together from my own memory and photos I could find online; feel free to add any goodies that I missed!

Pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion, grilled onion, mushrooms, jalapenos, banana peppers, bacon, these little stick thingies (I don't know what to call them!) and some others. Condiments: ketchup, mustard, mayo, ranch, BBQ sauce, chipotle mayo, and a bunch of others. Yum!

Copied that from a review. I went through 7 reviews. Most had pics of the burger, not the toppings bar!

To everyone posting they're better burgers on land, of course the there are, how could they not be?

But I'm not on land when I'm at Guy's burgers on a ship.

I'm hundreds of miles from the In and Out, Five guys, Fudruckkers, and the mom and pop.

This is the only burger in town made fresh in front of me.

The toppings are very good.

I totally agree :D

I loved the fries and appreciated the toppings bar. I thought the burgers were decent. Much better than fast food or typical cruise burgers, but not as good as a thick juicy burger at a pub. My husband, who is a Five Guys fan, loved Guys burgers and found them comparable. He could not stop raving about them. He's not a big fan of any other Carnival lunch options, so it was a huge deal to find something he loved for lunch.

BINGO !!! :D

We enjoyed them a couple of times on the Sunshine in January.

Guy's is busy all day long so even if they pull a whole tray off the cooker they go fast and are still hot when you get it. The assortment of toppings at the fixin bar is great right down to caramelized onions and mushrooms. The fries are good dipped in the flavored mayo. :)

A tip ... get your drinks FIRST and plan to eat your Guy's food nearby - the line moves fast and they're wayyy better eaten hot.

We sat at the Red Iguana bar and watched folks wait 10+ minutes for an umbrella drink to go with their burger and fries which were cold by the time they got to take a bite

PS ... they have gluten free buns for those that are interested.

Thanks for the drink hint!

I also liked all the different toppings but it's just an OK burger to me. I will have one on embarkation day and then prefer the Blue Iguana Cantina for tacos or the pizza for lunch. Looks like no cantina to be added which is weird since they are adding the tequila bar.

I also liked all the different toppings but it's just an OK burger to me. I will have one on embarkation day and then prefer the Blue Iguana Cantina for tacos or the pizza for lunch. Looks like no cantina to be added which is weird since they are adding the tequila bar.

What? Huh?

The Blue Iguana Cantina is listed consistently listed on all lists that show what's coming

Guy's burger is pretty good. It is not the best burger in the world, but it is definitely the best burger you can get on a mass market cruise line without having to pay extra. The toppings bar makes it better by giving you the option to customize.

With that being said, I am a Blue Iguana cantina guy. Favorite lunch is a spicy burrito with extra shrimp and a side of Guy's fries.

What exactly makes Guy's Burgers, in an apparent class by themselves?

Brand fanaticism and hype.

If you like well done THIN burgers, you will like Guys. Some people like that though and they are quite popular.

Don't let my dislike of them prevent you from trying them out. IF the line is long, skip it but if you can grab one quick, go for it.