Help with Switching Cabins

KG1924

My husband and I booked a balcony gaurantee on the Allure for 5/8/16. It's our first time doing so but for us it was worth it to gamble since it was $1k cheaper to do so vs. selecting balcony/category. We were assigned yesterday to a D5 on deck 14 2nd from the front. Not ideal....but hey, we're cruising!!

My parents also did the same and of course were also assigned D5's on deck 14 directly under the canteliver whirlpools. We are all trying to look at the positives of it (we prefer decks 6-8 for ease of using stairs) I told my mom that I would keep checking to see what opens up in the same category in case we'd like to switch.

Lo and behold, a D5 on deck 14 opened by the aft elevators so I called right away and they refused to switch. The rep I spoke to said they never switch gaurantee bookings, even if it's same categories. Now I know I've read multiple posts on here of people doing just that....I let my mom know and told her to try and get it to see if she has better luck. Anyone know how else I should go about this?

In advance, I understand that we took the risk of a gaurantee and honestly will be fine with any cabin, especially given the savings in this case.

My husband and I booked a balcony gaurantee on the Allure for 5/8/16. It's our first time doing so but for us it was worth it to gamble since it was $1k cheaper to do so vs. selecting balcony/category. We were assigned yesterday to a D5 on deck 14 2nd from the front. Not ideal....but hey, we're cruising!!

My parents also did the same and of course were also assigned D5's on deck 14 directly under the canteliver whirlpools. We are all trying to look at the positives of it (we prefer decks 6-8 for ease of using stairs) I told my mom that I would keep checking to see what opens up in the same category in case we'd like to switch.

Lo and behold, a D5 on deck 14 opened by the aft elevators so I called right away and they refused to switch. The rep I spoke to said they never switch gaurantee bookings, even if it's same categories. Now I know I've read multiple posts on here of people doing just that....I let my mom know and told her to try and get it to see if she has better luck. Anyone know how else I should go about this?

In advance, I understand that we took the risk of a gaurantee and honestly will be fine with any cabin, especially given the savings in this case.

Call C&A at 800-526-9723 and ask them to change the stateroom.

Lo and behold, a D5 on deck 14 opened by the aft elevators so I called right away and they refused to switch. The rep I spoke to said they never switch guarantee bookings, even if it's same categories.

When you hear something like that just call back and speak to someone else.

ps always get the name of the rep you spoke to. I have called back and gotten the same rep.

Call C&A at 800-526-9723 and ask them to change the stateroom.

Bob-Thank you so much!!! They switched us no questions asked!! Good to know for future.

You are such a huge help :) If you're still reading this (or anyone else for that matter) How is deck 14 on the Oasis class? Is the pool noise awful?? We are not light sleepers and have the drink package, so I would imagine it will be fine. I've just never been on such a high deck. The positives that we've come up with is being close to the pool deck (very close :p) and my husband and I are currently smokers....that are cutting back significantly. We are hoping to be smoke free by the cruise, but should that not happen, at least we are fairly close to the smoking decks.

When you hear something like that just call back and speak to someone else.

ps always get the name of the rep you spoke to. I have called back and gotten the same rep.

Thanks-I did just that. The man I spoke to said that he's been there for years and they never allow switching....I called the C&A line like Bob had suggested and they switched right away :)

Bob-Thank you so much!!! They switched us no questions asked!! Good to know for future.

You are such a huge help :) If you're still reading this (or anyone else for that matter) How is deck 14 on the Oasis class? Is the pool noise awful?? We are not light sleepers and have the drink package, so I would imagine it will be fine. I've just never been on such a high deck. The positives that we've come up with is being close to the pool deck (very close :p) and my husband and I are currently smokers....that are cutting back significantly. We are hoping to be smoke free by the cruise, but should that not happen, at least we are fairly close to the smoking decks.

Glad it worked out.

I've read many reports from folks who have staterooms right under the pool deck who say they have no problem. Maybe I'm just sensitive to the noise, but my problem is what I call the "crew chair throwing contest" at 4am. At least that's what it sounds like to me.

Note also that I don't have any direct experience with deck 14 on Oasis class ships, so maybe the crews on those ships have their contests elsewhere.

Edited by clarea