Kids club ages - how strict?

dperrigo

I’m going on a cruise in July and i’ll almost be fourteen and i really don’t want to be in the 12-14 age group. I skipped a grade so I’ll be going into tenth grade and honestly hanging out with seventh graders sounds AWFUL. I called customer service and they said no but what are the chances on board they’ll let me move up? Based off what people said I’d probably have to go to the younger group the first day and be “observed” but the first day is the most important day in my opinion because nobody knows each other yet. I wish they would just do it by grades and not age...

15 minutes ago, gracieding said:

I’m going on a cruise in July and i’ll almost be fourteen and i really don’t want to be in the 12-14 age group. I skipped a grade so I’ll be going into tenth grade and honestly hanging out with seventh graders sounds AWFUL. I called customer service and they said no but what are the chances on board they’ll let me move up? Based off what people said I’d probably have to go to the younger group the first day and be “observed” but the first day is the most important day in my opinion because nobody knows each other yet. I wish they would just do it by grades and not age...

The teen groups are combined a lot now, so I would check it out once you board the ship.

On 2/24/2016 at 9:09 AM, dcgrumpy said:

In my experience it depends on the ship and how busy it is. On our last cruise they did let a couple of 8 year-olds move up to the 9-11 group in order to be with siblings. But there weren't a lot of kids on our cruise. There were probably be a lot of kids on your cruise if it's during Spring Break, so I wouldn't count on it.

Spring break is over pretty much everywhere by now isn't it? I heard end of April and beginning of may is pretty relaxed in terms of amount of children and people partying, because its just right after the spring break. 

1 hour ago, gracieding said:

i meant almost fifteen not almost fourteen oops

On 2/26/2016 at 5:37 PM, spookwife said:

EXTREMELY strict.

aging DOWN is SOMETIMES allowed. aging UP NEVER is.

the only time they combine the clubs is if very few children overall are on board.

On oasis in November we saw this couple throw a giant fit to let their “almost 6 year old” go into the 6-8 group. A manager was called. A discussion was had. It was noted (since her date of birth is on the computer) that almost 6 was actually 4. But RC let her age up since the parents were screaming. So there was this tiny  4 year old playing Gaga ball with my 5 foot tall 8 year 10 month old. The poor kid looked terrified. 

Edited by Lmm79

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, ibonexheadi said:

Spring break is over pretty much everywhere by now isn't it? I heard end of April and beginning of may is pretty relaxed in terms of amount of children and people partying, because its just right after the spring break. 

Sorry I didn't see this until now. It actually was our Spring Break when you posted.  Our break was 4/19-4/28.

But I was responding to the OP who was asking about a March cruise.

Edited by dcgrumpy