Quick Hello and a couple of Specialty Dining (A la Carte Questions)

LConstable

Just a quick hello – I am new to Cruise Critic but certainly not new to Travel Boards – we will be doing the July 24 sailing to Bermuda on the Breakaway – celebrating my parents 50th (they were married there in the summer of 1966!) - 8 adults and 8 grandchildren – OMG are we crazy …. we have all been to Bermuda a bunch of times and will miss parking in Hamilton and then moving to St. George – this is everyone’s first NCL cruise (usually do RCCL/ Celebrity) and our first time out at Navy Pier - but none of the lines seem to do 7 days to Bermuda anymore - and let’s be honest there is no such thing as a bad trip to Bermuda – it is literally one of my most favorite places on earth!

I will say I am struggling a bit with the freestyle dining (we are old school cruisers) and will likely be doing some version of the Specialty Dining package – but a couple of the restaurants I am interested in are a la carte – on the NCL website it says

“Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurant for the following per person upcharges: Ocean Blue ($15) Raw Bar ($7) Sushi ($7)”

So is it a dining credit (meaning one of your three meals from your package) plus the a la carte upcharge or by having the Package is it just the upcharge – I hope this is making sense I am basically trying to figure out how many Specialty meals we need ……

I can’t help at all with the Breakaway – but am happy to answer any Bermuda questions – look for us this summer we will be the crazy family tearing away from navy pier on the scooters!

TTFN

Laura

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm leaving for Bermuda for the second time in May, this time with a 10 month old. Any suggestions?? I'm trying to figure out how we can get around the island with a baby on a bus (no car seat)

Also, would love to hear your fav restaurants. Last time we only stopped by the Swizzle inn for drinks. Everything is so pricy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am still totally confused by ocean blue too.

Say we have the UDP, we choose one day to eat at Ocean blue, we pay a la carte pricing for anything we order. OR do if using the UDP at ocean blue we get an appetizer, entree & dessert included with no extra charges?

We booked teppanyaki & moderno already. Considering Ocean Blue, but just so confused on the pricing on that one!

I am still totally confused by ocean blue too.

Say we have the UDP, we choose one day to eat at Ocean blue, we pay a la carte pricing for anything we order. OR do if using the UDP at ocean blue we get an appetizer, entree & dessert included with no extra charges?

We booked teppanyaki & moderno already. Considering Ocean Blue, but just so confused on the pricing on that one!

For ocean blue, you use one UDP credit and pay an additional 15.00 up charge, and you do not pay al a carte pricing. Or, if you don't use one of your UDP credits there, you pay al a carte for every item you order.

Edited by tel2

For ocean blue, you use one UDP credit and pay an additional 15.00 up charge, and you do not pay al a carte pricing. Or, if you don't use one of your UDP credits there, you pay al a carte for every item you order.

also, at Ocean Blue the SDP does not include Seafood Extravaganza. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived

This is buried in the T&Cs on the NCL SDP FAQ page