Cheers Program Enhanced :)

kimnicki

Just an update was on the Glory this past April had the Cheers package. Yes it paid for my specialty coffee but when it comes to alcoholic beverages it is awful! I don't care about a 15 drink limit (which is a Carnival only idea) but I could not get a floater on frozen drinks or a double! The drinks were weak & short shoted in my opinion! If I ordered a Rum & Coke it came in a plastic cup smaller than if I just ordered a Coke! In my opinion Carnival should be ashamed of itself!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just an update was on the Glory this past April had the Cheers package. Yes it paid for my specialty coffee but when it comes to alcoholic beverages it is awful! I don't care about a 15 drink limit (which is a Carnival only idea) but I could not get a floater on frozen drinks or a double! The drinks were weak & short shoted in my opinion! If I ordered a Rum & Coke it came in a plastic cup smaller than if I just ordered a Coke! In my opinion Carnival should be ashamed of itself!

This has been discussed many times. Many people order a shot/floater then order the main drink five minutes later. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been discussed many times. Many people order a shot/floater then order the main drink five minutes later. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might have been discussed but when Carnival promotes (as Mr Heald has stated) drinks up to $50 it is misleading !

Especially when NCL & Royal have no such restrictions on there drinks or limit the amount of beverages you may have daily! :mad:

Again Shame on Carnival!

It might have been discussed but when Carnival promotes (as Mr Heald has stated) drinks up to $50 it is misleading !

Especially when NCL & Royal have no such restrictions on there drinks or limit the amount of beverages you may have daily! :mad:

Again Shame on Carnival!

It's not misleading. The rules of Cheers are clearly stated on their website and have been discussed in many threads here. Their website with Cheers rules specifically states no floaters. If you were unaware, it was because you did not inform yourself before you purchased. It's not like it's bait and switch marketing.

You're free to just not purchase Cheers, or to sail NCL and Royal if you don't like Carnival's policies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not misleading. The rules of Cheers are clearly stated on their website and have been discussed in many threads here. Their website with Cheers rules specifically states no floaters. If you were unaware, it was because you did not inform yourself before you purchased. It's not like it's bait and switch marketing.

You're free to just not purchase Cheers, or to sail NCL and Royal if you don't like Carnival's policies.

No but stating that you can get drinks up to $50 sure is misleading, no matter what is discussed on Cruise Critic threads that I have not read! Not being able to get a stiff drink unless you drink an actual shot has not been discussed! Yes I will cancel the prepurchased Cheers package for my next cruise on the Vista as why buy something that will just aggravate me! I am Advising others not to purchase the Cheers package because yes it is not a good value !!!!! no matter how many of you Carnival Trolls respond negatively to my posts

I am going to purchase the Cheers package for our upcoming cruise next year and not worry about the cost. It is a vacation. I plan on spending money. I have also found that not only on a cruise but anywhere you buy drinks, tipping does help. I don't care if it is on a ship, in a hotel bar or a restaurant, tip the staff a little extra and they will remember you. I know some people say that you shouldn't have to tip extra and don't like to tip at all but my entire family at some time or another has worked in the restaurant field and yes I did remember those who tipped and my son who just got out of the field also mentioned by name a lot of those he knew that tipped well. It is not only drinks but all aspects of the cruise. People appreciate the little extras just as most of the members here do also. You remember the wait staff who were extra attentive, the room attendant who went above and beyond, and yes the bartender to was quick to serve you, so you can expect them to remember you also. Go on the cruise and have a good time. Spend money or not but just always be nice. Remember everyone can have a bad day. Rant over.

Again Shame on Carnival!

Maybe it is misleading to those so fixated on the number $50! If you just order what you want, then it will be covered since there are no drinks for $50 on any ship based on feedback from others who have tried and what I know for myself. And a stiff drink is subjective. I've had some potent drinks from the Alchemy bar. But if you want a shot on top of a drink, you have to wait 5 minutes. It has been discussed in other threads. You may not read them but perhaps it would have helped had you read them.

I'm not a big fan of cheers but the terms are clear and the changes have made it better. It remains an optional purchase.

I am going to purchase the Cheers package for our upcoming cruise next year and not worry about the cost. It is a vacation. I plan on spending money. I have also found that not only on a cruise but anywhere you buy drinks, tipping does help. I don't care if it is on a ship, in a hotel bar or a restaurant, tip the staff a little extra and they will remember you. I know some people say that you shouldn't have to tip extra and don't like to tip at all but my entire family at some time or another has worked in the restaurant field and yes I did remember those who tipped and my son who just got out of the field also mentioned by name a lot of those he knew that tipped well. It is not only drinks but all aspects of the cruise. People appreciate the little extras just as most of the members here do also. You remember the wait staff who were extra attentive, the room attendant who went above and beyond, and yes the bartender to was quick to serve you, so you can expect them to remember you also. Go on the cruise and have a good time. Spend money or not but just always be nice. Remember everyone can have a bad day. Rant over.

Yup tips help NOT I was tipping 1 to 2 a dollars per drink I am always nice to my servers one brought me a extra glass "wink wink" of clear liquid to add to my cocktail after he left my wife tasted it, guess what it was water he got a $5 dollar tip!!:eek:

Maybe it is misleading to those so fixated on the number $50! If you just order what you want, then it will be covered since there are no drinks for $50 on any ship based on feedback from others who have tried and what I know for myself. And a stiff drink is subjective. I've had some potent drinks from the Alchemy bar. But if you want a shot on top of a drink, you have to wait 5 minutes. It has been discussed in other threads. You may not read them but perhaps it would have helped had you read them.

I'm not a big fan of cheers but the terms are clear and the changes have made it better. It remains an optional purchase.

yes it is optional Do not purchase Cheers it is not a good value!!!!! IMHO

Yup tips help NOT I was tipping 1 to 2 a dollars per drink I am always nice to my servers one brought me a extra glass "wink wink" of clear liquid to add to my cocktail after he left my wife tasted it, guess what it was water he got a $5 dollar tip!!:eek:

Wish I could say everyone was nice and helpful but it is life. Sorry you had such a problem bartender/server. Yes I have also tipped and still not gotten what I thought should have been even close to good service but the water deal would have been a deal breaker also. My one question to you is, did you tip the servers themselves or leave it on your slip. After talking to one bartenders on my last cruise I always brought some up cash with me and tipped the bartender in cash and asked him/her who their best server was and made sure I would tip that person also. Since they work in teams usually I found that asking the bartender who their favorite server was it would help a little. Tipping on the bar slip only goes into a pool and even the lazy, slipping you water ones, get part of that tip. Hope your next cruise goes better.

Wish I could say everyone was nice and helpful but it is life. Sorry you had such a problem bartender/server. Yes I have also tipped and still not gotten what I thought should have been even close to good service but the water deal would have been a deal breaker also. My one question to you is, did you tip the servers themselves or leave it on your slip. After talking to one bartenders on my last cruise I always brought some up cash with me and tipped the bartender in cash and asked him/her who their best server was and made sure I would tip that person also. Since they work in teams usually I found that asking the bartender who their favorite server was it would help a little. Tipping on the bar slip only goes into a pool and even the lazy, slipping you water ones, get part of that tip. Hope your next cruise goes better.

I almost never order'd directly from the bar, I tried to use the same server for the day on the pool deck! No I did not tip with cash maybe that was a mistake! I also hope my next Carnival Cruise goes better we are on the Vista in the Havana area & have great hopes for a good time! I had prepurchased Cheers for that cruise as well but have since canceled, Ill pay as I go!!!:D

so you gave him the $5 tip before you tasted the extra glass of clear liquid that was delivered with a "wink wink"? just want to make sure I understand...

so you gave him the $5 tip before you tasted the extra glass of clear liquid that was delivered with a "wink wink"? just want to make sure I understand...

Yes shame on me he was one of my pool deck servers! [emoji33][emoji35][emoji22]

I like the idea of the Cheers program because I can budget the amount then. If know that if we went without the Cheers program, I would keep checking our account to see how much we had spent. I like the idea of being able to order what I want, when I want. Not worrying about the cost.

• 1 month later...

With the enhanced Cheers, it now says doubles count as 2 drinks, but my husband was still hoping that meant he could get doubles (he just prefers the ratio sometimes, he understands it'd be 2 drinks). Is that not a change? I thought that changed with the new version of Cheers.

With the enhanced Cheers, it now says doubles count as 2 drinks, but my husband was still hoping that meant he could get doubles (he just prefers the ratio sometimes, he understands it'd be 2 drinks). Is that not a change? I thought that changed with the new version of Cheers.

There is a 5 min wait between drinks, so if you want a double, you need to order a drink, wait 5 min then order a shot to add to your drink.