Cheers Program Enhanced :)

kimnicki

I will be sailing on the Glory March 5 and have pre purchased the Cheers. I will do my best to take some drink menu pictures if they have changed and let everyone know how it goes. I am very curious what if any drinks they have over the $15 range.

I will be sailing on the Glory March 5 and have pre purchased the Cheers. I will do my best to take some drink menu pictures if they have changed and let everyone know how it goes. I am very curious what if any drinks they have over the $15 range.

Thank you!:) Have a great cruise!:D

I just got off the Splendor and Breeze from side by side cruises. We purchased cheers. I was very surprised when the bartenders told us uptake is VERY low on the program. On the Breeze which had 4500 passengers they average only 200 passengers who purchase cheers per sailing .

Does anyone know if you buy a bucket of beer or a bottle of wine with the discount, does it count against your 15 drink limit?

Im not sure if you can buy the bucket at all. the bottle of wine will not count toward your 15.

I know when you purchase the cheers program you can't use it until the second day for drinks containing alcohol but can you get non alcohol drinks on the first day with it?

That only applies to ships sailing out of Galveston and New York

Bummer, I just got really excited, but the two main problems with the program, the 15 a day limit and the requirement that all in the stateroom over 21 purchase, are still there.

I like additions, and don't really mind the small price increase, but it drives me bananas that I have to purchase it for DH, too. It's the only thing that keeps me looking at RCI cruises...they have the best drink package options.

So, I've pre-purchased the CHEERS packagek for my March 26th cruise. My question is where (if anywhere) would it show on my documents that I've purchased this? I can't find it anywhere, plus when I went online to my booking and acted like I was going to order it (again) it was going to let me.

Should I be worried??

its still $50 a day. you gotta drink A LOT each day to make it worth while. for me and the amount i drink whether it be soda, iced coffees, beer or mixers it is still A LOT cheaper for me to buy the drinks individually each day.

Now if you drink a lot and have a drink of some sort in you hands all day long its worth it.

Not to mention if you are off the ship doing excursions each day. We aren't drinkers but we like our coffee and the occasional drink. I think almost 60.00 per day is extreme for us light drinkers who want to drink coffee and an occasional beer.

Does anyone know where the most up to date drink/coffee list prices with gratuity prices are? I would like to break it down to see which is the better deal. I am thinking it would be cheaper just to add money to our S&S card because we have 2.5 days of excursions.

If they would only "enhance" the package to do a "staggered" liquor package like they've done in the ports with check-ins, I would consider cheers. I don't drink heavily enough to make the package as it is worth it. Set a $20 package with 5 alcoholic drinks a day... or better yet a total of 5 per day times the number of days you are on your cruise.

Example: $20 per day for a 5 day cruise would give you a total of 25 drinks to consume for the cruise... only 3 drinks on a port day? Have 7 on a sea day! Have all 25 drinks your first three days? Pay for the rest of the drinks you want the last two days... Almost too simple to make sense, right?

No. My wife would insist on me getting one of those "baby packages". Not worth the fight.

-F-

So, I've pre-purchased the CHEERS packagek for my March 26th cruise. My question is where (if anywhere) would it show on my documents that I've purchased this? I can't find it anywhere, plus when I went online to my booking and acted like I was going to order it (again) it was going to let me.

Should I be worried??

I printed my email receipt as I do for all purchases made before the sail date :cool:

Should I be worried??

Same here. I just made sure to print my emails just in case.

OK, so I haven't ever been on a cruise before and I'm confused about all this with the Cheers package. I'll be sailing out of New York in July on Carnival Sunshine. Does it mean that, if I want to buy the cheers package and I'm rooming with two other people, they have to buy the package as well? That would mean that each of us would have to pay $328.95 plus gratuities for our 8 day cruise (7 days of allowable Cheers usage) in order to have 15 drinks each per day. Have I got that right?

What if we opt out of the Cheers package? Can we buy drinks anyway and if so, what approximately would the drinks cost?

Thanks for your help.

OK, so I haven't ever been on a cruise before and I'm confused about all this with the Cheers package. I'll be sailing out of New York in July on Carnival Sunshine. Does it mean that, if I want to buy the cheers package and I'm rooming with two other people, they have to buy the package as well? That would mean that each of us would have to pay $328.95 plus gratuities for our 8 day cruise (7 days of allowable Cheers usage) in order to have 15 drinks each per day. Have I got that right?

What if we opt out of the Cheers package? Can we buy drinks anyway and if so, what approximately would the drinks cost?

Thanks for your help.

Not sure where your math went wrong, but Cheers for 7 days is $402.10 (49.95 per day x 7 days plus 15% gratuity). $349.65 without the gratuity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app