Cheers Program Enhanced :)

kimnicki

To bad Carnival has added the mocktails to the Cheers program. I had ask John when I returned from our Princess Alaskan cruise if Carnival had thought about adding the mocktails to the bottomless bubbles package.

What do the damn Beards do. They add it to their Cheers package. I don't drink more then 4 maybe 5 drinks a cruise. Adding the mocktails to the bottom bubbles package would have been great. Princess does it right.

Carnival just said screw you to all the non drinkers who cruise with them with the new Cheers package. Beards how about doing something for your non drinks to. We also spend money on the ship.

the bottomless bubbles is $6 a day for adults and $4.50 for children. that would be about the price of about 1 mocktail. it doesnt make $$ sense for carnival to do that. they would have to raise the price to probable $10 - $15 per day minimum. some people would not like that much

the bottomless bubbles is $6 a day for adults and $4.50 for children. that would be about the price of about 1 mocktail. it doesnt make $$ sense for carnival to do that. they would have to raise the price to probable $10 - $15 per day minimum. some people would not like that much

Agreed. They would really have to create a new package with mocktails and sodas, not include them in the bottomless bubbles. They would have to increase the price of bottomless bubbles which would not be attractive to most.

I have to say, I am very pleased with this new, improved Cheers! program. DH and I tried Cheers! for the first and what we thought last time in 2014, when the price was reduced for a short time. It was just barely worth the money for us on that cruise. But after the price went back up, we agreed we wouldn't be purchasing Cheers! anymore. Then Carnival goes and does this and makes Cheers! pretty darned irresistible. Good job, Carnival. I'll be pre-purchasing our Cheers! packages sometime before our cruise this September.:)

I also agree that it makes no sense to add beverage options such as mocktails to BB at the current BB price. Sure it would be nice for those with BB, but it would not make $ense.;)

I wish they wouldn't force eyeryone in the cabin to purchase the program. I would purchase it for myself , but, my husband rarely drinks so it would not benefit us if we have to purchase two programs.

Would your DH enjoy specialty coffees, bottled water, sodas, smoothies, Vitamin Water, energy drinks, flavoured hot teas, Honest Tea, or mocktails (seltzer water with various fruit juices can be very refreshing and yummy;))? If you think of his Cheers! package as just an all-inclusive beverage package without focusing on the alcoholic beverages, it can seem more "worth it".:)

Yeah I think coming up with a new package would be better. My kids love smoothies and shakes. Not soda so much. But the price would need to be higher to include what they like while others would be dinged for really just wanting soda.

Hopefully they will continue to reevaluate and add more packaged options. For the first time, I think I will get it for myself while my husband will be content with the wine we bring onboard, some bon voyage orders of beer, and a drink or two in addition daily - which we are happy to just pay for. We always book two cabins regardless anyway, so buying Cheers never dictated that.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Although it's understandable to wish it wasn't so, it is perfectly obvious why Carnival requires all adults in the cabin to purchase Cheers!. Consider the sheer number of posts asking advice on and bragging about alcohol smuggling and other cheating and rule-breaking just on these Carnival boards. If Carnival allowed just one adult per cabin to purchase Cheers!, the beverage package sharing would be rampant and end up costing the cruiseline a lot of money.

Why can't Carnival do a beer lovers package, just to include beers. not all of us are liquor drinkers. Would much rather sit around the pool with a cool beer, especially as Vista is having the first micro brewery at sea. I would more than willing pay A La Carte if i wanted cocktail or short. As the DW doesn't drink alcohol any booze package would be out of the window for her.

We were going to purchase the Cheers! package for our upcoming cruise in April before these changes were announced. We're thrilled about the additions to the package. Speciality coffee's and water are going to make it even more worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why can't Carnival do a beer lovers package, just to include beers. not all of us are liquor drinkers. Would much rather sit around the pool with a cool beer, especially as Vista is having the first micro brewery at sea. I would more than willing pay A La Carte if i wanted cocktail or short. As the DW doesn't drink alcohol any booze package would be out of the window for her.

I think that is a good idea. Many cruise lines have a beer and wine package priced lower than the all inclusive liquor packages.

I know it has stated, all members of the cabin have to purchase it. I was thinking about buying it pre-change...and I am the only 21+ person in the cabin.

NOW...since it is also soft drinks and all, will they change the policy that the MINORS in the cabin have to buy the program AND/OR the soda program too?They do not drink a lot of soda and that would be a waste.

Thank you in advance for the help.

I know it has stated, all members of the cabin have to purchase it. I was thinking about buying it pre-change...and I am the only 21+ person in the cabin.

NOW...since it is also soft drinks and all, will they change the policy that the MINORS in the cabin have to buy the program AND/OR the soda program too?They do not drink a lot of soda and that would be a waste.

Thank you in advance for the help.

no, they wont have to purchase the drink package. soda was always included in cheers.

Very happy to read about the changes to the CHEERS program. We were debating about purchasing on our upcoming Liberty cruise out of Galveston...now I am sure we will purchase it.

Question: I know out of Galveston due to Texas laws(I think), the CHEERS program cannot be purchased until the 2nd day. So if we are on a 5 day cruise(March 26 to March 31 , we would only be purchasing the program for 4 days, not embarkation or debarkation day, correct??:confused:

I understand people wanting to have different packages and different items included, but every change they make is done with the idea that it will make Carnival more money. Think how fast they changed the pricing structure back to the original cost per day, when they tried the sliding scale for different cruise lengths.

Agreed. They would really have to create a new package with mocktails and sodas, not include them in the bottomless bubbles. They would have to increase the price of bottomless bubbles which would not be attractive to most.

On Princess it was $8.05 including tip a day. It also included milkshakes.

Very happy to read about the changes to the CHEERS program. We were debating about purchasing on our upcoming Liberty cruise out of Galveston...now I am sure we will purchase it.

Question: I know out of Galveston due to Texas laws(I think), the CHEERS program cannot be purchased until the 2nd day. So if we are on a 5 day cruise(March 26 to March 31 , we would only be purchasing the program for 4 days, not embarkation or debarkation day, correct??:confused:

You are correct. You would be able to use it the 2nd day.

I purchased the Cheers package a few days ago. I don't sail until June. Will my pre paid cheers purchase just change to the new cheers package?

Second question what happens if the price goes up prior to my sailing? Will they honor the price I paid or will I have to pay the extra amount?

I apologize in advance because I'm sure this topic has been covered to death but I'm planning my first cruise and I have tons of questions. My younger brother and I will be on the Liberty next November and I'm trying to decide if the Cheers! program is worth the cost. He'll only be 19 so I would only have to purchase it for myself, about $287.25. I'm not planning on a five day "booze cruise" but I would like to try some of the specialty drinks and have some drinks with dinner and brunch. I did notice that virgin drinks and coffee drinks were covered as well? So could I use it to purchase non-alcoholic drinks for my brother? I appreciate any and all replies.

I apologize in advance because I'm sure this topic has been covered to death but I'm planning my first cruise and I have tons of questions. My younger brother and I will be on the Liberty next November and I'm trying to decide if the Cheers! program is worth the cost. He'll only be 19 so I would only have to purchase it for myself, about $287.25. I'm not planning on a five day "booze cruise" but I would like to try some of the specialty drinks and have some drinks with dinner and brunch. I did notice that virgin drinks and coffee drinks were covered as well? So could I use it to purchase non-alcoholic drinks for my brother? I appreciate any and all replies.

Nope

This is what I found "Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks."

Correct. That's why you start purchasing drinks after #14 and get you last cheers drink when you're ready to call it for the day.