Cheers Program Enhanced :)

kimnicki

If I chose to purchase a wine package ahead of the cruise as well as Cheers would they allow it? I know this sounds like a silly question but are they policing the COST of the package with the limits or the consumption? And what about those that order liquor for their staterooms. Just wondering.....

Sorry if this has been asked already but are the drinks with souvenirs glasses included or excluded?

They are excluded.

But you can order the same drink in a regular glass and have it included in Cheers!.

What’s NOT included?

Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

Beverages offered through room service

Beverages offered in mini-bars

The sharing of cocktails and floaters

Buckets of beer, pitchers of beer, and beer tubes

Beverages offered through wine machines

Coffee beverages and food items

Edited by ShakyBeef

I just noticed that in the exclusions I cut-&-pasted from Carnival's website it lists "coffee beverages".

But, also from Carnival's website, in the FAQ section, under the enhancements to the Cheers! program, this is the list of inclusions:

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving
  • Zero-Proof frozen cocktails and sodas, including specialty sodas
  • Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
  • RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
  • 500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges
  • Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants
  • 25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

And this is the exclusions list:

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at the gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

So, it appears that coffee is included and not all of the info on Cheers! on their site has been updated.

Edited by ShakyBeef

I had already purchased the program & we don't sail until April, how does this effect me?

It does not. As long as you pre-purchase CHEERS!, after March 1st, it will automatically get the benefits of Enhanced CHEERS!. Since the price is the same if purchased in advance, no extra charge, and you will just get the extra benefits...

If I offended you with my reply, I apologize. It was not meant as such.

Oh my gosh not at all! I even commented that I did not take it that way even the slightest! You give a lot of very good, straight-forward advice and I always enjoy your posts. Like I said, no worries at all :)

Oh my gosh not at all! I even commented that I did not take it that way even the slightest! You give a lot of very good, straight-forward advice and I always enjoy your posts. Like I said, no worries at all :)

Thanks, and glad you were not offended. :)

Just off the phone with Carnival. They do not accept gift cards over the phone or on line for Cheers package:(

While I realize it's $5/pp per day more, I plan on using gift cards to put towards my sail and sign account, and purchasing Cheers on board on Day 2. We'll be bringing two bottles of wine for our first night. I figure it will save us $80 on our 7 day cruise. Just an option if you are concerned about the gift cards.

I hope someone that goes on a cruise after this new program starts will come on here and post what really happens. I am curious to know what drinks exist that are $50 or anywhere near that amount. Also if the coffees and waters and energy drinks count towards the 15.

Please come back and report :) Thank you

Edited by lele100

Dang, I sail 2/28 - these new changes would push me into the purchase for sure category. We do multiple coffee's and one or two >10.00 purchases each day that previously world not have been covered so we skipped the purchase.

O well, there is always next time.

its still $50 a day. you gotta drink A LOT each day to make it worth while. for me and the amount i drink whether it be soda, iced coffees, beer or mixers it is still A LOT cheaper for me to buy the drinks individually each day.

Now if you drink a lot and have a drink of some sort in you hands all day long its worth it.

That's the same for me. We don't drink near enough for this to make sense

I am curious to know what drinks exist that are $50 or anywhere near that amount.

This.

Lots of people seem to be getting very excited about the increase in limit from $10 per drink to $50 per drink, but looking at all the bar menus I'm not seeing anything above about $13-$15 so unless I'm missing something this increase looks fairly pointless, just an advertising trick.

This.

Lots of people seem to be getting very excited about the increase in limit from $10 per drink to $50 per drink, but looking at all the bar menus I'm not seeing anything above about $13-$15 so unless I'm missing something this increase looks fairly pointless, just an advertising trick.

I would bet my behind on two things:

1. The press release meant to say $15, not $50.

2. Following on this will be an increase in most drink prices a la carte, thus making Cheers look like a better value.

2. Following on this will be an increase in most drink prices a la carte, thus making Cheers look like a better value.

They would be taking a page out of Royal Caribbeans book then ;) now if they will just take another page out of it and stop making everyone in the same cabin over 21 buy it, I would be very interested in Cheers.

I was actually looking forward to not having to pay $14.16 for a frozen concoction. That could very well still happen though with +/- 60 days til cruise.

I would bet my behind on two things:

1. The press release meant to say $15, not $50.

The $50 drink "upgrade" is curious, and remains to be seen what it really means. It could mean as I've seen discussed elsewhere Carnival COULD be adding finer spirits that carry a higher cost, like scotches, whisky's cognac's etc.

But, it's been well over 24 hours since this was announced, by many different sources, some more "official" than others, and is on Carnivals website. Would one not think that by now, if $50 mean $15 it would have been corrected?

I have a question. I just booked a cruise today went to the Carnival Website and it asked if I wanted to buy the cheers program at 49.95 before the price went up to 54.95. The first post in this thread said if you purchase online the price is cheaper. Do you think I can wait until closer to my cruise to purchase and still pay 49.95?

I have a question. I just booked a cruise today went to the Carnival Website and it asked if I wanted to buy the cheers program at 49.95 before the price went up to 54.95. The first post in this thread said if you purchase online the price is cheaper. Do you think I can wait until closer to my cruise to purchase and still pay 49.95?

ABSOLUTELY! You have some time as well to see if this will be the best bet for you or what changes come down the line! Have a great cruise!