Cheers Program Enhanced :)

kimnicki

ABSOLUTELY! You have some time as well to see if this will be the best bet for you or what changes come down the line! Have a great cruise!

Thanks, I thought it was telling me I had to do it by Mar 1 in order to get the cheaper price.

Does anyone know if I could order doubles or triples if the total price is less than 50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you can't order doubles or triples. Like your way of thinking though 🍹🍹😜

I have a question. I just booked a cruise today went to the Carnival Website and it asked if I wanted to buy the cheers program at 49.95 before the price went up to 54.95. The first post in this thread said if you purchase online the price is cheaper. Do you think I can wait until closer to my cruise to purchase and still pay 49.95?

Hoping this is just Carnival's way if saying if you wait it will be more expensive onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They would be taking a page out of Royal Caribbeans book then ;) now if they will just take another page out of it and stop making everyone in the same cabin over 21 buy it, I would be very interested in Cheers.

I was actually looking forward to not having to pay $14.16 for a frozen concoction. That could very well still happen though with +/- 60 days til cruise.

For your sake, I hope not, but I'm afraid you might be right. I was blown away at how much Royal increased their drink prices!! And that was shortly after they made "enhancements" to their drink program too. Nearly $15 for a pina colada is ridiculous!!

For your sake, I hope not, but I'm afraid you might be right. I was blown away at how much Royal increased their drink prices!! And that was shortly after they made "enhancements" to their drink program too. Nearly $15 for a pina colada is ridiculous!!

That, along with a few other frustrations is exactly why I am cruising Carnival next. It's ridiculous for sure. :)

I have an Oasis cruise booked as I've wanted to try one of those ships since they were built but it can certainly be cancelled!

The $50 drink "upgrade" is curious, and remains to be seen what it really means. It could mean as I've seen discussed elsewhere Carnival COULD be adding finer spirits that carry a higher cost, like scotches, whisky's cognac's etc.

But, it's been well over 24 hours since this was announced, by many different sources, some more "official" than others, and is on Carnivals website. Would one not think that by now, if $50 mean $15 it would have been corrected?

A well reasoned counterpoint.

However, even on lines that do offer super premium liquors at higher prices, and that have packages that cover higher prices, many of the super super premium stuff is NOT included with any packages.

As to it being on many websites; there's usually only one press release and the "highlights" are just copied and pasted.

But I do concede it has been over 24 hours on Carnivals site and if the error were that glaringly obvious it might have been corrected so far.

Even if it were true, with 6 or 7 more price increases on drinks and then they will be on the Royal price range.

Royals drink prices are out of line. The fanatics love to use arguments about sports arenas or high end resorts; a cruise ship is neither of those. I remember the days well of drinks on cruises being priced well below land prices, and even 10 or so years ago they were on par/slightly cheaper than land still. Now, especially on Royal and NCL, the a la carte prices of drinks significantly exceeds many bars and restaurants and I am in the Palm Beach area of Florida; not exactly bargain bars in West Palm and Boca Raton.

Royals drink prices are out of line. The fanatics love to use arguments about sports arenas or high end resorts; a cruise ship is neither of those. I remember the days well of drinks on cruises being priced well below land prices, and even 10 or so years ago they were on par/slightly cheaper than land still. Now, especially on Royal and NCL, the a la carte prices of drinks significantly exceeds many bars and restaurants and I am in the Palm Beach area of Florida; not exactly bargain bars in West Palm and Boca Raton.

True enough

That, along with a few other frustrations is exactly why I am cruising Carnival next. It's ridiculous for sure. :)

I have an Oasis cruise booked as I've wanted to try one of those ships since they were built but it can certainly be cancelled!

We sailed on Oasis last year, truly a remarkable ship. All that said, it was more like a Disney vacation than a cruise, and I don't mean that as a complement.

Hoping this is just Carnival's way if saying if you wait it will be more expensive onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think you are right. I went back and it is cheaper to buy in advance then onboard

So if soda, Gatorade, coffee, etc now count toward my 15 drink limit, I'm really at risk for being cut off way more easily. And since you can't buy outside of Cheers, there's no way around it. Right? That could actually make people not want to purchase Cheers.

Non alcoholic drinks and coffees are unlimited and not included in the 15 drink limit

Also if the coffees and waters and energy drinks count towards the 15.

Please come back and report :) Thank you

The only thing that counts toward the 15 drink limit is anything with alcohol in it. You can drink 4 coffees (not spiked), get 5 bottles of water, 6 energy drinks, and 2 beers, and you still have 13 alcoholic drinks you can get in the 24 hour period. Non alcoholic drinks included in the program are unlimited.

I really wish they would do a coffee package. I don't drink alcohol but I love my coffee. DH drinks but we've only done the cheers 1 time for him last October when I booked him and ds in one room and me and dd in the other. I agree that this enhanced cheers looks more appealing but still not worth 800.00 for the 2 of us on our upcoming April sailing. I guess we will stick to the in room delivery for his liquor and get him the bottomless bubbles.

Edited by Ahays00

Our next cruise is back with Celebrity . Their pricing structure is interesting . They include various perks including their drink package and 300 OBC .(Yes this deal comes and goes and comes and goes) They also start with relatively low prices and expect prices to rise as the sail date gets closer . If you value these perks at 500 PP plus a one category loyalty upgrade (worth 50 PP), they are way cheaper then Carnival .

Celebrity drink prices, like RC's , are very high so that everyone thinks they are getting a great deal when they have a drink package . :D

As far as Carnival's drink package , as always I'm impressed :rolleyes: how some are doing their best to turn a positive change into a negative one . Lord how the complainers love to complain . 15 drinks with alcohol is great considering it doesn't include waters , juices , fancy coffees and sodas .

Edited by richstowe

I liked the price structure they had for a short 2 months, and had even considered getting Cheers. It's still not worth it for me. I don't drink energy drinks or soda and usually just one cup of coffee a day. I like martinis, but that is only 1 or 2 a night. I will usually drink a couple of beers in port.

I will buy the Carnival water, and that is only $3, and that's usually plenty for me over the length of the cruises I take.

I think this is a great deal for those that drink quite a bit of what's included in the new enhanced version. I have a feeling that the public bathrooms may become a lot busier..LOL

Edited by crzndeb

I would think Carnival's labor costs are much cheaper than land based bars. Also, don't they buy the alcohol, tax and duty free?

It has been OUR experience, when we have befriended certain Bartenders, I was able to get both mine, and my Partner's cocktail at the same time, and I presented both of our Cheers Validated S&S cards, thus retaining the right to be a gentleman and bringing the cocktail to my better half who was seated nearby. Some New-ish Bartenders, are not so nice, but I can't blame them for following rules, so it's the luck of the draw ..................

After the first or second day all our bartenders knew us. LOL Not sure if that's a good thing or not but it did allow one of us to present our Cheers cards and receive 2 drinks. One for my DH and one for me. We laughed and said we were just cutting out the middle man and they still received their gratuity for both drinks. [emoji41]

Maybe, but you have posted here before saying you are caustic or coarse (forget which you used) so you have admitted you come here to stir and then post on JH's FB page what you read here. Give it a rest and improve your attitude, it's so much less stressful on you and us.

You are totally confused about who you think Jimbo is. You need to apologize.

The only thing that counts toward the 15 drink limit is anything with alcohol in it. You can drink 4 coffees (not spiked), get 5 bottles of water, 6 energy drinks, and 2 beers, and you still have 13 alcoholic drinks you can get in the 24 hour period. Non alcoholic drinks included in the program are unlimited.

Add in a couple of smoothies and you can get your money's worth not even drinking alcohol. I am so psyched about coffees and water being included!

To bad Carnival has added the mocktails to the Cheers program. I had ask John when I returned from our Princess Alaskan cruise if Carnival had thought about adding the mocktails to the bottomless bubbles package.

What do the damn Beards do. They add it to their Cheers package. I don't drink more then 4 maybe 5 drinks a cruise. Adding the mocktails to the bottom bubbles package would have been great. Princess does it right.

Carnival just said screw you to all the non drinkers who cruise with them with the new Cheers package. Beards how about doing something for your non drinks to. We also spend money on the ship.