Cabin Upgrade Opportunities

cruising_Bif

We are sailing an Inside Passage itinerary, R/T from Vancouver, on the Noordam in early May. We booked an SY Signature Suite. There seem to be several cabins left unsold- I'm guessing it is because it is so early in the season? Anyway, yesterday was the pay in full date. When can we expect to see upgrade offers, if any are available? Also, are we allowed to create our own upgrade offer- meaning, if we notice the prices of the SA, SB, or SC cabins have dropped, can we offer to pay the difference? I am content with the SY but can be persuaded to move up if the price is right.

We are sailing an Inside Passage itinerary, R/T from Vancouver, on the Noordam in early May. We booked an SY Signature Suite. There seem to be several cabins left unsold- I'm guessing it is because it is so early in the season? Anyway, yesterday was the pay in full date. When can we expect to see upgrade offers, if any are available? Also, are we allowed to create our own upgrade offer- meaning, if we notice the prices of the SA, SB, or SC cabins have dropped, can we offer to pay the difference? I am content with the SY but can be persuaded to move up if the price is right.

Way too early for any offers, they usually hit two weeks out up to sail date.

Also doubt you can negotiate on pricing, I have tried before on upsell offers with no luck.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great cruise you have to look forward to! Depending on how you booked - TA, PCC or direct through HAL, if you see price drops you can call whomever has your booking and ask to be upgraded. They can only say no.

We asked our PCC when we saw price drops at about 6 weeks out and he came back with some offers that weren't great, but he recommended to us to wait about 2 weeks more and try again at which time we did have a better set of upsells to pick from.

But I think this depends entirely on how your particular cruise is filling up. Best of luck to you! Please come back and let us know how it all works out for you. m--

Edited by RMLincoln

if we notice the prices of the SA, SB, or SC cabins have dropped, can we offer to pay the difference?

I have had success doing that a couple of times. I saw the lower price after final payment, contacted my PCC, and was able to pay the difference to move to a different cabin/category.

I have had success doing that a couple of times. I saw the lower price after final payment, contacted my PCC, and was able to pay the difference to move to a different cabin/category.

I miss understood the OP's point on negotiating, I can see where Hal would do what you have said.

Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes new prices are for new bookings only, but usually you can initiate your own upsell. We recently moved from an outside to a veranda in a call that took less than 10 minutes.

Upsell offers from HAL come about 4 to 3 weeks out, just before the guarantee assignments begin around 2 weeks.

Edited by catl331