Chankanaab with 5 ships in port

PAcruiser19372

Had finally made up my mind about what to do in Cozumel, was going to go to Chankanaab but now knowing there will be 5 ships in port looking for info from those familiar if this will be overly crowded with the 5 ships in port. If folks think that this will be overly crowded please feel free to offer up other suggestions. Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I was there on Friday, and I believe there were 7 ships in port (at least 5, but I'm fairly certain 7). It wasn't very crowded. The crowd seemed pretty evenly distributed, and I never felt like it to was overcrowded.

P.S. I hate crowds.

The entrance fee keeps the crowds down. The majority of those coming on ship excursions are swimming with the dolphins and may not know about or bother to explore the pool, beach, snorkel area, etc. Enjoy your day. :)

Edited by JohninDC

I also saw the price was only $21...is that high??? Seemed like a pretty good option I thought.

There are some popular beach clubs with a $zero admission fee (Money Bar, non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos) and some with a low admission fee (Paradise Beach) - but you do not get everything you find at Chank (especially the animal shows). Chank does not offer all-inclusive food and drinks like Nachi Cocom or Mr. Sanchos.

It all depends upon what you are interested in and what you are willing to pay for.

• 3 weeks later...

So question-

Chankanaab is $19 with coupon, snorkeling is $10 extra but they don't push the food on you right?

Paradise Beach is $18 for the day pass that includes the toys and snorkeling but then you are requested to spend $10 in food?

So about a wash in price.

So question-

Chankanaab is $19 with coupon, snorkeling is $10 extra but they don't push the food on you right?

Paradise Beach is $18 for the day pass that includes the toys and snorkeling but then you are requested to spend $10 in food?

Your calculations are correct if you do not plan to order any food drinks -- hitting the $10 mark at PB is not hard (2 beers, or a soda and sandwich/nachos will do it). Prices for food/drinks at Chank are about the same as any other beach club.

The other thing you may want to consider is the difference in taxi fares -- about $17 each way to PB, but only $10-11 each way to Chank.

Edited by JohninDC

• 1 month later...
So question-

Snorkeling is $10 extra on top of the entry fee?? I thought it was included. Or is the $10 for snorkel equipment rental?

• 1 month later...
So question-

they didnt try to push us for the food, and if you bring your own snorkle its free