Visa for Chinese passport holder to New Caledonia

To our cruise terminal check-in staff on the boards!

This enquiry was on another thread... Do you check non-Australian passports for visas? Will they be allowed on the ship? It seems there is confusion about getting your passport checked when getting off for the day in New Caledonia versus getting your passport checked when boarding in Australia. Please advise and I'll pass on the message.

Hi All,

I'm a first time cruiser going in March to New Caledonia and Vanuatu with Royal Caribbean. I'm going with a few friends who are Chinese nationals living in Australia that hold Chinese passports. I've had a look and it seems that a visa is required for New Caledonia and the processing time is 4-5 weeks which is really cutting it now.

I did a bit of research online and it seems that most people who went claimed that they don't check your passport (see https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowT...a-Cruises.html). I'm wondering if that's still the case as I haven't been able to find some recent information about this. The agency I booked with said that they do need visas but I don't think it's wise sending in their passports now as we're sailing in 4 weeks.

Any advice?

Thanks!