The safest way to canser

santé

German report 2/25/2016 by Sophia Guttenberger

Beck"s beer plus 13 other german beer contains " PESTICIDE GLYFOSAAT"

max allowed by law 0.1 MICROGRAM

BECK'S UP TO 29.74 MICROGRAM :eek::eek::eek:

The safest way to canser

santé

Was that a specific batch? I'm not sure how that wouldn't run afoul of the Reinheitsgebot. Do you have the rest of the article, the beer you mentioned I don't drink but am curious what the 13 others are.

Was that a specific batch? I'm not sure how that wouldn't run afoul of the Reinheitsgebot. Do you have the rest of the article, the beer you mentioned I don't drink but am curious what the 13 others are.

hi

Try "Tot 300 keer te veel kankerverwekkende pesticide in bieren gevonden"on internet or

"Duits bier zit vol gif"

many articles in Flemish

You find the list in every aricle

the "Reinheitsgebot" is a joke

have a nice day

Edited by lis1407

Emperor Norton: Thanks so much for posting this info and photos - I plan to take a similar cruise in January 2017 and this will help me plan my days and activities.

We met on Caribbean cruises the past two winters. Hope all is well.

Great pictures, we were on the same trip as you and it seems and your pix outdo ours. We did not run into some of the issues you seem to have had on board, loose teak boards etc. Great trip, great weather and a nice group of people on board. The only lout or better word boor we ran into was a guy near the end of the trip asking the wine server for a low acidity bone dry white. She then asked what type are you looking at Pinot gris etc. he then went into an explanation of the tokay grape . Not sure he ever got what he wanted. keep posting the pix fun to remember a great cruise.

Emperor Norton: Thanks so much for posting this info and photos - I plan to take a similar cruise in January 2017 and this will help me plan my days and activities.

We met on Caribbean cruises the past two winters. Hope all is well.

Black cherry rum I believe. I'd definitely recommend the pre and post cruise stays.

Great pictures, we were on the same trip as you and it seems and your pix outdo ours. We did not run into some of the issues you seem to have had on board, loose teak boards etc. Great trip, great weather and a nice group of people on board. The only lout or better word boor we ran into was a guy near the end of the trip asking the wine server for a low acidity bone dry white. She then asked what type are you looking at Pinot gris etc. he then went into an explanation of the tokay grape . Not sure he ever got what he wanted. keep posting the pix fun to remember a great cruise.

Ah, I thought the boor was going to be the man in the Observation Lounge that started a mini-rant about the second amendment.

I've only seen the sweet Tokajs, not sure what they were after.

The weather and seas were both very cooperative, though if they could've turned the sun down a bit in Sydney that would've been nice.;)

Edited by Emperor Norton

Very interesting report. Thanks for the postings.

Was the fellow for or against the 2nd amendment?

While not owning any firearms himself he was very much for it, because its what removed the Japanese from Hawaii after they invaded in WW2 (I know this isn't accurate). I think he could have better and more quietly stated his case, but then again I thought you weren't supposed to talk about religion, politics or sex in polite company. At that point I'm thinking his cold and beer might have been clouding his memory and turning his volume up a bit.

Edited by Emperor Norton

Today lunch was on the Patio Grill and I had the Napa Burger and Yountwurst. Somehow the order for the hotdog in the bun came out as hotdog no bun or toppings. I felt that both the burger and dog were steps up from what was previously offered, though I have to question the mayonnaise and ketchup on the wurst (if you get it as created). The burger was enhanced with the addition of bacon.

DSC_5741-XL.jpg

Why does the burger bun look so greasy??

Well darn, I got in such a hurry to get on the boat I left out a day tour from Auckland and the tale of the Plague Spreaders.

One of the reasons I made the trip down there (and back again:rolleyes:) was to see Hobbiton. I was told that the stop the ship used for the tour was frequently cancelled so rather than missing a chance to see Hobbiton due to a missed port, I booked an over land excursion. Sadly at the last minute, my super-behind-the-scenes-extendo-tour I had booked was cancelled.:( However I was immediately re-booked on the more common deal with the crowds tour.

Up at sometime north of oh dark thirty and south of a good nights sleep it was down to the hotel lobby to wait for my bus. The bus was there on time and it was an excellent driving tour all over Auckland to pick up other passengers. Then we returned to within five feet where I was picked up so we could disembark and get on a different bus. I was left feeling a bit like

55649645-S.jpg

So after a several hour ride on a bus that was narrated and sometimes driven by a local subject matter expert we came to our first rest stop. Oh joy, caffeine. I felt even for me it was a bit early to try the wine. I did something different about my mocha - it had a strange squarish object covered in crystalline structures served on the side. Not sure quite what the item was I gave it a tentative lick. It was sweet, so down the hatch it went. I've never had a sugar coated marshmallow served with an espresso drink before. After a brief bit of time to stretch our legs, fill up on coffee and perhaps use the facilities it was time to head off again.

IMG_2016-01-25_08-15-51.22-XL.jpg

Edited by Emperor Norton

Our next stop was the Hobbiton staging area, parking lot, off site restaurant and gift shop.

IMG_2016-01-25_09-29-09.71-XL.jpg

A gaggle of guides await the next customers

DSC_5572-XL.jpg

IMG_2016-01-25_09-52-11.71-XL.jpg

This is where there was a monumental breakdown in effective communication. We were told that we could hold off on purchasing things in the gift shop as we would have time after the tour. Things didn't turn out that way and I missed my chance to purchase

DSC_5570-XL.jpg

Thankfully I did purchase some items so I didn't return empty handed. After a brief time to shop it was off to Hobbiton itself.

DSC_5573-XL.jpg

Lest you forget where you are.

DSC_5574-XL.jpg

Hobbiton is in the middle of a working sheep ranch.

DSC_5575-XL.jpg

Most of the Hobbit holes are just dug out earth behind the door. However the engagement hole has a floor and ceiling and walls. They are also contemplating digging out a number of holes and making them habitable so they could offer a BnB experience in a Hobbit hole.

DSC_5576-XL.jpg

DSC_5577-XL.jpg

For some reason this reminded me of a scene from the Teletubbies.

DSC_5578-XL.jpg

Ah, I thought the boor was going to be the man in the Observation Lounge that started a mini-rant about the second amendment.

I've only seen the sweet Tokajs, not sure what they were after.

The weather and seas were both very cooperative, though if they could've turned the sun down a bit in Sydney that would've been nice.;)

I think the guy was very unrealistic trying to find a non sweet Tokaji Azu wine such as Fermint on board, it is hard enough to find as it is outside of Hungary, and even the sweet Tokaji Azu is not particularly easy to come across, no pleasing some people I guess...

Was that a specific batch? I'm not sure how that wouldn't run afoul of the Reinheitsgebot.

Reinheitsgebot does not mean organic. Pesticides are allowed on the crops.

Edited by mraven
clarification