Epic - Some Cirque questions

KeithJenner

We have decided that, having never been to Cirque on our previous trips on the Epic, we will do it this time. I have a couple of questions, which I know have been answered previously, but a search threw up some fairly jumbled replies, so I thought I would just ask again.

Does anyone know the correct current prices for standard and premium seating. My wife and I will have the SDP, but I'm trying to work out whether to get it for our son as well. I'm not sure how much we will save at Cirque with the package.

When we went to the Illusionarium on the Getaway, we had standard seating which was fine, but that it all done at ground level. My understanding is that standard seating for Cirque means that some of the high stuff is obstructed, so premium seating is better. Does anyone disagree?

If we go for premium seating, I'm tempted to try to sit on the balcony. Has anyone has any trouble with the view up there. I don't really want to be looking directly up, and to be honest I'd rather be away from any possibility of "audience participation"

Does the balcony or floor seating tend to be the most popular? We will probably turn up a reasonable amount of time in advance, but will we need to make special effort to get decent balcony seats?

Thanks for any comments.

Someone just finished posting a very good review of their January cruise on the Epic. For the Cirque show, see post 239. Standard seating seems to be tucked under the balcony, premium seating is on the balcony or on the floor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2300592&highlight=epic&page=12

When we reserved for the Cirque show premium seats, the SDP reduced the amount, I think it was by $25.

I would definitely go for the balcony seating, which is premium. The hostess tried to seat everyone on the ground floor premium seats but I insisted on going up to the balcony - after a few minutes several people who had already been seated saw me up there and asked to move up there.

You get an unobstructed view, won't be invited to participate, and don't get sprayed by bathwater.

People did queue quite early, but I went later in the cruise so it was far from full. If you're going in the first three days you might want to get there a bit early as it is likely to be busier.

it was really good, I recommend it.

Thanks all.

From what I'd seen the pricing seemed to be $29.99 for standard and $39.99 for premium, which seems to agree with what people have stated here.

I'm pretty sure we will go for premium, which makes it worth getting the 3 day SDP for our son (will cost about the same as Moderno and the saving on Cirque so he has the option of joining us for a third meal free).

Certainly upstairs seating looks better for us. This does seem that as long as we are there at a reasonable time then we should be ok getting a decent seat.

Decision made I think.

We went to the early (6.30) show on the 2nd night of our January sailing on the Epic. We had the premium seating and the view was great from the balcony. Half of the balcony seating was unoccupied for this show!

• 3 weeks later...

Having sat in all 3 areas, premium ground floor would be my preference. I found the balcony view directly beneath me slightly obstructed. It was visible only if I leaned far, far forward to look straight down. Could have been a function of my height, but, something to keep in mind for your son, too. This was still far better than the obstructed view from the standard ground floor seating.

This is a late response, but, hopefully of some use.

Kim