Rebooking same cruise

nighilton

Hi, We have a cruise booked in October and the price has fallen £500 since booking, it,s the first leg of btb cruises and we have the same cabin booked for both cruises. Would it be worth calling celebrity to re book at the same price? Sorry if it,s a stupid question but I have not seen such a reduction on any cruises we have taken before.

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Probably not if you booked in the u.k.

But it never hurts to ask.

I'm no expert but the consensus is that the consumer protection laws in the u.k. Work against you here.

If you booked through a u.s. Travel site or agent, then you CAN cancel and re-book with no penalty.

Best wishes

Hi, We have a cruise booked in October and the price has fallen £500 since booking, it,s the first leg of btb cruises and we have the same cabin booked for both cruises. Would it be worth calling celebrity to re book at the same price? Sorry if it,s a stupid question but I have not seen such a reduction on any cruises we have taken before.

I think you lose your deposit £300 so you would still be £200 in pocket never hurts to call you may get a nice lady or man.

As you are UK it is unlikely but what you may be able to do is upgrade. See what room you could get for the price you paid if you booked now and telephone. If it is a slow booking cruise it is in their interest then as well as yours.

Good luck, come back on and let us know. Our October cruise has done the opposite.....So glad we did book early, you never can tell!

We actually changed cabins for both legs of our B2B and also changed categories. It's my understanding that you would be able to change cabins and get the benefit of the price drop but I don't know about keeping the same cabin.

If the offer you booked on initially has changed then you would have to cancel, loose deposit and rebook but I don't think a price drop counts as a change of offer. It depends on how important it is to you to be in the same cabin for both cruises. We would have liked to be in the same cabin but it wasn't possible. I'm assured by many that changing cabins is not a problem.

It's worth calling Celebrity, you might be lucky, but if they are running a promotion with perks such as drink packages, OBC, etc. included, you will need to read the Ts and Cs, as it may say that it is for new bookings only.

If you have booked through a TA, they may tell you that Celebrity don't honour price drops, but often they just don't understand what is possible, so insist that they check. We have had Celebrity UK honour price drops in the past (the last time was two years ago), but I believe Elite and above Captain's Club members get one change without penalty, so that might be why they gave it to us.

Did you book recently? Celebrity were running a promotion (I think it ended last month) where they guaranteed to let you take advantage of any price drops on your cruise until the end of 2016, so that might work for you.

It's definitely worth a phone call!:)

Edited by Suzy Smith

The price went down by over £800 on our cruise in a matter of days, we were told that they could upgrade us or we could cancel and re-book, which we done. We lost the £300 but still we are £500 up from original booking price and we booked a concierge cabin 2nd time round.

Knowing in the UK we'd lose our deposit, when prices plummeted I simply cancelled and booked again for the same cruise on line. As I'd only paid a £150pp deposit, it was well worth it, getting a balcony instead of ocean view for the same total cost, even allowing for lost deposit.

Stuart

Hi again

We actually booked onboard the Eclipse last year. Does that make any difference? Will call tomorrow and post how I got on. The cruise is from Singapore to Sydney and as such is a repositioning cruise and the only offer was $100 obc.

Hi again

We actually booked onboard the Eclipse last year. Does that make any difference? Will call tomorrow and post how I got on. The cruise is from Singapore to Sydney and as such is a repositioning cruise and the only offer was $100 obc.

It's worth ringing and asking, they can only say no. It's a little different when you book in the UK as most of the time you lose your deposit if you cancel and rebook. Not so booking in the US, we are able to obtain price drops right up to final payment without being penalised ;).

Call and ask, they can be flexible. You will lose your deposit but if it's still a saving it might be worth it. Our cruise in August dropped by over £1000 for the 2 of us. I called but couldn't cancel and rebook due to the flights being booked and paid for in advance so they were flexible and allowed us to keep the original booking, along with the cabin and booking reference, we forfeited the original deposit and got the price drop. Still saved us a lot of money and I was thrilled with their customer service, very friendly and helpful.