Upsell on Star Today

baxter44

Just received my first upsell offer for 3/27 sailing on Star...$300pp for family suite (currently booked in mini-suite w/balcony for me and two kids), $500pp for penthouse balcony, and $750pp for penthouse. I love a balcony and only the penthouse offer contains a balcony at this time, so I declined the upsell. I am happy with our mini-suite since I've never done anything other than a regular balcony room on any cruise, and it's my kids first cruise so they will be happy with whatever. But if anyone else is interested in those rates, go for it!:)

I think you did the right thing because those upsell prices look a little steep.

The funny thing was the owner's suite and family suite both said per person but the penthouse just said $500....so you can bet I called immediately to say can I really get the penthouse for $500 total?? Nope, it was a misprint, figures right? Yeah, I thought even though it's double occupancy so they would charge for 2 people, not the 3 that I have, I couldn't justify $600 for the family suite.

Well, fook! I just called NCL a few minutes ago about the 3/20 Star cruise. They had nada for upsells. I find that hard to believe since they just made the inside, ocean view and balcony cabins nearly the same price.

Did you get a call or email?

Same thing for me! There are literally TONS of rooms left(we are just in an inside) so I don't see how they haven't been trying to dump off at least the balconies.

Just received my first upsell offer for 3/27 sailing on Star...$300pp for family suite (currently booked in mini-suite w/balcony for me and two kids), $500pp for penthouse balcony, and $750pp for penthouse. I love a balcony and only the penthouse offer contains a balcony at this time, so I declined the upsell. I am happy with our mini-suite since I've never done anything other than a regular balcony room on any cruise, and it's my kids first cruise so they will be happy with whatever. But if anyone else is interested in those rates, go for it!:)

Thanks so much for posting this! I called right away and we upgraded from an OV obstructed to the family suite. The suite perks alone are well worth the switch...I'm not telling my kids so they'll be very excited when we board the ship!

Now I have to figure out what to use a butler for...

Thanks so much for posting this! I called right away and we upgraded from an OV obstructed to the family suite. The suite perks alone are well worth the switch...I'm not telling my kids so they'll be very excited when we board the ship!

Congrats

The only thing extra we have ever asked the butler for is breakfast, usually just once or twice during a week long cruise. They bring snacks every afternoon (I love the BLT sandwich quarters for an afternoon snack :D)

I am on the star on the 20th my upgrade offer was 500 PP for first two guests on the family suite all the other suites were 750 extra. So I dont get the balcony now. By the way I had to call them at 30 days out and I grabbed the last family suite. All that is left is aft balcony pent or large balcony pent. Both of those rooms are awesome though.

I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of it!!! What a great surprise for the kids!! Month from Sunday!

I am on the star on the 20th my upgrade offer was 500 PP for first two guests on the family suite all the other suites were 750 extra. So I dont get the balcony now. By the way I had to call them at 30 days out and I grabbed the last family suite. All that is left is aft balcony pent or large balcony pent. Both of those rooms are awesome though.

I am on the star on the 20th too. I got a penthouse suite for $500 pp (from regular balcony room) which they said was the last one available. Other offer was forward or aft penthouse for $750 pp. Would have loved aft, but couldn't justify the extra $500!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk