NCL Cancels Five LA-Mexican Riviera cruises on Jewel

latserrof

We are booked on the same cruise and I got the same email....They don't even have details yet on what the new itinerary is (e.g., did they just eliminate some sea days? did they change ports?). Our family was really looking forward to a Thanksgiving week cruise. Doesn't look like there are many options out there. I'm going to wait to cancel until I see the details of what exactly has changed. :cool:

We were also wondering what the itinerary would be with the change. My Dad still hasn't been notified of the change by NCL but I went ahead and just cancelled him yesterday.

The notification I received from my TA did say if you do nothing, the cruise will auto cancel on 3/16.

The only other options are Princess, HAL and Carnival. Wanted to book Princess but it's slim pickings on our cabin choice so we booked with Carnival.

This will be our 9th Thanksgiving cruise, we love it.

Booked 2 inside cabins for Dec 11 (when there was a choose 2 option for insides). Thinking of moving to the Jade BUT have been informed that if I move I'll have to go with the current choose one (not a huge deal but somewhat disappointing).

Appears that if I go with one of the 'alternate' dates for the Jewel, I can keep both

Haven't bought air yet, but flying to FL will cost us about $100 pp more (4 of us, plus at least one or two nights in a hotel). I'm gonna have to think about it

Edited by mbisson

Yikes! Well I wish the Jewel folks the best. The charter cruise I was looking for was just announced but not on the Jewel but rather the Norwegian Sun. Not sure what is going on with the Jewel then. Best of luck in figuring it all out.

I was booked on the Sun, so I'm dying to know what the Sun's charter is and the dates. We'll probably book on the "replacement" Panama Canal cruise, but I really, really wanted to do the 11-day Mexican Riviera.

I was booked on the Sun, so I'm dying to know what the Sun's charter is and the dates. We'll probably book on the "replacement" Panama Canal cruise, but I really, really wanted to do the 11-day Mexican Riviera.

In that thread I eluded to a hole in the Sun's schedule I was watching closely. I was originally under the impression the company was going to charter the Norwegian Jewel as it's a sister to the Norwegian Pearl. When the Sun suddenly went missing, I instantly figured out the hole but thought it was too long for the charter. The Norwegian Sun is chartered out from October 28th to November 2nd which was the gap that was left between the two Panama Canal cruises and the South American repo.

Edited by CruisinMaterial

As of this morning, my NCL & TA account both show my Nov 27/16 Mex cruise is still on. Weird.

My cruise is still showing as well...(and I've received notice that it's cancelled). My guess is that they're just still listed so they have something to reference until they hear from us about any change (or until the date they say they will just cancel)

Well, rebooked same itinerary - different date. Taxes went up about $9.50 pp (not a big deal) but it sure decreases the perceived value of the $50 obc per cabin for the inconvenience LOL

Ditto. My $50 obc was effectively reduced to $31 for my inconvenience.:confused:

This has been a huge pain in the ass. I had booked, along with two family members, 3 rooms. We got the e-mail from Costco since we booked through them. It said to call them to rebook so I did as soon as I got the email. Every day I called and was told it hadn't opened up yet to rebook. No one knew what was going on.

Finally got someone who was able to help- apparently I no one knew they had to talk to a specific department at Norwegian. Then was told I should have called them directly and not costco, per an email I supposedly got (but I never did, and neither did anyone else in my family to their emails). In any case, we got it resolved and rebooked our cruise for Dec. 23rd.

The negatives is that we are losing one night since the cruise is for 7 instead of 8 and that the difference in price was only $40 for my family of 4! Hard to believe:( Apparently the cost of the cruise went up per the dates, yet I didn't choose to have the cruise moved to this date...so annoying.

I did get to keep my perks, which I would hope since that was a big reason we booked the cruise.

My mom, however, lost her internet minutes. For whatever reason they wouldn't honor it- she had an email to prove it but they said she changed it in May and lost it (she never changed her reservation after she booked and there is no proof of that)..

Just happy everything is still on but wondering why they did this and wasted our time having us run in circles when no one was able to give us info.

We finally got re-scheduled to the Dec 23 rd. Cruise, from the Dec 18th original one. Did get all our Perks, after calling about a reduction from 4 to 3 specialty dining options- that took a day to correct. Was also disappointed (shocked) that a day shorter cruise was only reduced by 40.00. Still no published cruises available on NCL website from Dec-Feb. seems strange, could not get an answer that made any sense whey the orig cruise was cancelled. Holding off on buying air. still have a long time to cancel. Hoping all works out as planned this time around.